NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





TS Access violation


Discussion in TradeStation

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,148 views
    2. thumb_up 4 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 bchip 
Torino, Italy
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES,YM,CL,GC
Posts: 132 since Sep 2017
Thanks Given: 160
Thanks Received: 117

Hi All

I was just wondering if anybody else also had this error.
In the past week I would open TS and it would crash, if I open the error log it talks of an access violation.
I uninstalled and re-installed, problem went away and then came back after a few days.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Contents of TSErrorLog.txt
WHServer caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module WHServerexe at 002 3:0040f5 ca Number
of prior exceptions during session : 0
PROCESS: ORPlatexe,
Handles:772,
User Objects:108 (Peak: 113),
GDI Objects:149 (Peak:157)

PROCESS: ORDll Hstexe,
Handles :317,
User Objects:7 (Peak:7),
GDI Objects:92 (Peak:96)

PROCESS : WHServerexe, Handles: 500, User Objects:5 (Peak:5), GDI Objects:28 (Peak:29)


Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
  #2 (permalink)
 bchip 
Torino, Italy
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES,YM,CL,GC
Posts: 132 since Sep 2017
Thanks Given: 160
Thanks Received: 117

Spoke to the ClientService team, the response was very helpful.
To anybody else who comes across this problem this fixed it for me:

This behavior is usually due to indicators and other EasyLanguage components getting corrupted.
Do you have any custom indicators? If so, please make sure you have a back up of these before taking the following steps.

- Close the TradeStation Platform
- Navigate to Documents\TradeStation 10.0
- Delete the EasyLanguage folder
- Restart TradeStation


Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
 
vmodus's Avatar
 vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA
Legendary Systematic Algo Trader
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Posts: 1,270 since Feb 2017
Thanks Given: 2,960
Thanks Received: 2,856


Thanks. I had TS flake out last night on my laptop with a similar problem. I am adding that if you have OneDrive enabled, you might need to navigate to OneDrive to find your TradeStation files:
OneDrive\Documents\TradeStation 10.0
Personally, I disabled OneDrive and moved everything over to my local machine, since I have my own desktop backup solution.

Make sure you backup regularly (I schedule for 1705 ET, after US markets close), especially if you have any custom code (indicators, strategies, etc.). I backup nightly on my desktop.

~vmodus


Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote




Last Updated on March 9, 2020


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts