NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Reading indicator data from csv file


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 5,276 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
ADAMEIR
israel
 
Posts: 1 since Nov 2020
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

hey!

I have a CSV file with news sorted by time and date.

I wish to plot it in my chart so that it will show me when there were news and some basic data.

is it possible?
I saw a way of importing CSV files into TradeStation but I look only to show my data upon the chart.

Tahnks!


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
vmodus's Avatar
 vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA
Legendary Systematic Algo Trader
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Posts: 1,270 since Feb 2017
Thanks Given: 2,960
Thanks Received: 2,856


ADAMEIR View Post
hey!

I have a CSV file with news sorted by time and date.

I wish to plot it in my chart so that it will show me when there were news and some basic data.

is it possible?
I saw a way of importing CSV files into TradeStation but I look only to show my data upon the chart.

Tahnks!

I have never needed to do this, but others have. This is probably your best bet:

https://easylanguagemastery.com/development-tools/new-tradestation-tool-allows-you-to-read-files/

It was published a couple months ago. EasyLanguage Mastery is a great resource, btw. You can also try over at the TradeStation Community forums to see how people are doing this.


~vmodus

Enjoy everything!
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote




Last Updated on December 15, 2020


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts