NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Learning C# for power language or finding a coder


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 4,487 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 uspilotzzz 
Denver, CO United States
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts
Trading: ES
Posts: 78 since May 2015
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 26

Hey all I have used multicharts.net for years and would like to learn C# to be create custom signals that can be used for a trading strategy. Specifically I want to code a signal when my flexrenko chart changes direction at least two bars. (see arrows in the pic attached)

I am wondering if anyone out there has successfully taught themselves from scratch and if so what resources did you use?

Secondly I am interested in hiring with someone literate in coding to work to create this strategy while I am learning.

Thanks


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	308010  
Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
EzPz
Puyallup
 
Posts: 8 since Oct 2020
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 4

I know C# and have used it professionally in my career for years. I am currently a retired software engineer trying to learn how to algo trade using both EasyLanguage and NinjaScript. I also use Python for machine learning and data mining. If you need some assistance with C# I can help. I mainly use Pluralsight to keep up to speed on current technology. It has many good courses on C# and many other useful languages as well. Incidentally, last time I tested myself via Pluralsight I tested out at expert level with regard to C#.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
 uspilotzzz 
Denver, CO United States
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts
Trading: ES
Posts: 78 since May 2015
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 26


Thanks for your reply, I will check out Pluralsight.


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 
forrestang's Avatar
 forrestang 
Chicago IL
Legendary Urban Samurai
 
Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, MT4, Matlab
Broker: CQG, AMP, MB, DTN
Trading: E/U, G/U
Posts: 1,345 since Jun 2010
Thanks Given: 357
Thanks Received: 1,059

I know very little about c#, coding in general and am a complete novice. I play around a lot with Matlab and NinjaTrader code.

Everything I learned was pretty much just mashing buttons until I get things to work, and is still mostly how I accomplish things.

In spite of that, I'm pretty confident I can still build anything I want, it's just a matter of how motivated I am to complete it or how interesting it is to me.

I might look into plural sight, or eventually spend some time actually LEARNING how to code in a more efficient manner.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on January 13, 2021


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts