NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Fundamental data


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 4,229 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
soacm
Bucharest, Romania
 
Posts: 71 since Mar 2022
Thanks Given: 38
Thanks Received: 22

Hi everyone, I am trying to create an indicator that uses fundamental data. I used the reserved word GetFundData to indicate Open Interest, what I need to know is the lowest value and the highest value of Open interest based on a look back period which I set in a input LookBack(26). I tried to use the function FundValue but it does not help since I need the lowest value and the highest in that specific look back period. Thank you.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 bchip 
Torino, Italy
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES,YM,CL,GC
Posts: 132 since Sep 2017
Thanks Given: 160
Thanks Received: 117


soacm View Post
Hi everyone, I am trying to create an indicator that uses fundamental data. I used the reserved word GetFundData to indicate Open Interest, what I need to know is the lowest value and the highest value of Open interest based on a look back period which I set in a input LookBack(26). I tried to use the function FundValue but it does not help since I need the lowest value and the highest in that specific look back period. Thank you.

Have you tried a loop?

var: k(0), aMin(0), aMax(0), tVal(0);
For k = 1 To LookBack Begin
tVal = GetFundData("open interest", k);
if (tVal < aMin) then aMin = tVal;
if (tVal > aMax) then aMax = tVal;
End;


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 
ShadowFox's Avatar
 ShadowFox 
CO/USA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradeStation, Multicharts
Trading: Stocks, Futures
Posts: 129 since Jun 2020
Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 159



soacm View Post
Hi everyone, I am trying to create an indicator that uses fundamental data. I used the reserved word GetFundData to indicate Open Interest, what I need to know is the lowest value and the highest value of Open interest based on a look back period which I set in a input LookBack(26). I tried to use the function FundValue but it does not help since I need the lowest value and the highest in that specific look back period. Thank you.

Save the OI into a variable then use highest() and lowest() to find the values you are interested in.

Inputs:
LookBack(26);

Vars:
OI(0),
OIH(0),
OIL(0);

OI = GetFundDataCode;
OIH = highest(OI, LookBack);//highest value in variable over lookback length
OIL = Lowest(OI, LookBack);


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on April 11, 2022


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts