NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

hilatency traders trade journal and random thoughts

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one HiLatencyTRDR HLT with 212 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tr8er with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 15,501 views
    2. thumb_up 7 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 217 posts
    2. attach_file 108 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

hilatency traders trade journal and random thoughts

HiLatencyTRDR HLT 
Midway florida

Shorts in the nasdaq put on in the last hour and after hours in Friday looking terrific this morning. Serious negative attitudes about spending from what I can see. People really tightening up with spending money.

Walmart walk thru lots of inventory stacked in odd places means over ordering and they must empty the trucks.

More commercials on TV than ever before for legal services aka lawsuitsm people are on fumes a nice lawsuit always helps and brings hope!!

Parking lots not nearly as full as usual and driveways in the neighborhoods pretty normal instead of the usual 4th of July massive parking issues overflow in most neighborhoods. Imo this means few shelling out the big expense right now or throwing parties or bbqs.

I don't think this leg down is over just yet. I am shorting tall to medium sized rallies intraday in stock indexes.

Currently long 10 index options
Long tqqq I am adding to this later this week

Short 6 micro nasdaqs held over the holiday weekend from Friday

I am looking to maybe buy into the euro on one more leg down and gold is getting. Pretty low also imo

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

HiLatencyTRDR HLT 
Midway florida

Overall this long swing trade I have been in since around July 12th has not returned profits to me as quickly as I had forecasted.

I have pulled out very good profits on trades entered and exited properlyon the long side throughout this trade set. My biggest losses have been in the Tqqq hold and my biggest gains have been in the mes and mnq long I took on deep dips and I exited in the massive rally last week. This has seriously helped reduce my drawdown and allowed me to maintain this tqqq position.

I rarely trade the tqqq if ever but I figured how much can a 3x leveraged nasdaq move..well I jumped into it without much understanding and I went a little too big for my usual so I learned the same lessons I have learned countless times over...do not touch a hot burner on the stove! But I jumped into it without enough research. Stick to what you know and are good at ..now I'm not complaining here or making excuses it has been fun to trade with it and this weekend to hedge it and see that my shorter term in and outs and my hedge have been working out great.

This all started mainly because I was going on vacation and I wanted a position and a month later here I am still nursing a short term to swing to now almost a long term position by most traders standards .not a huge issue and it has been good to work on something new and challenge myself. Yes I am more of a bull than a bear. Obviously

Oil is a wild card. I am inclined to not touch it right now the volatility and risk just is toog reat for my tastes but the euro currency is very low imo and the Netherlands gassing their fathers over climate change issues and global warming just might be the last selling reason or catalyst event that may make the short ls capitulate and the kings jump in...I will be getting long the euro this week should it look decent to me. I'd like a nice dip or a rally and then I will buy the next shallow dip. When the euro turn up from down it will be a fast massive move

Father's is farmers!!! Lmfao

HiLatencyTRDR HLT 
Midway florida

Buying 1 full size euro currency future ..now

HiLatencyTRDR HLT 
Midway florida

I am buying this now on a day trade swing..going long. This is a 5 minute chart.

I will repost when I exit with the minute updated chart. This was found with proprietary scanning

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220705-111610.png
Views:	48
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	325672  
 HiLatencyTRDR HLT 
Midway florida

Buying more now day swing it's looking great

The y axis scale is also proprietary has very little meaning as far as points but does represent
A value

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20220705-114007.png
Views:	39
Size:	327.5 KB
ID:	325673  
 HiLatencyTRDR HLT 
Midway florida

Almost all of the symbols i trade are normalized no matter what market or what symbol. This way I can at a glance get a feel for kind of trading the same way versus many different values almost like a % of sorts but not a percentage.

Here is my Bitcoin chart. If you are smart and are able to think you can very quickly ascertain how I'm normalizing. Feel free to try and find out..post it here if you figured out. If you are correct I will dm you my 3.50.00 bar strategy which can be used in multiple time frames and markets.

Anyway here is my Bitcoin chart.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20220705-114932.png
Views:	40
Size:	517.2 KB
ID:	325674  
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,892
Thanks Received: 7,360

$50 per point normalization?

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:
 HiLatencyTRDR HLT 
Midway florida

I am after a big win today. Just finished some much needed yard work. I am adding for my 3rd try on this trade. I have one more but in should I need it but this time I think I am good.

3rd but in of day swing. This is the 5 minut chart

Avg price 10243..equivalent of 6 units

Does each point represent a dollar, 10 cents , or 30 dollars..no one knows but me.

For the purposes of keeping it easy I would recommend just using 1 point as 1 dollar
So a move from 100 to 200 would represent a 100 dollar gain if buying them multiply by 5 which would be
600... This trade is my bread and butter if I end up wrong on it by the end of the day then I will be very perplexed with this market and what I have put together over the past few years.

Should this stock go even lower I will double up with 6 more units

I do not subscribe to the rules of trading in old trading books obviously and no stops on this day swing trade

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20220705-125444~2.png
Views:	35
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	325678  
 HiLatencyTRDR HLT 
Midway florida

On my day swing trade for today. The 5 minute chart I keep posting updates on...is it USA stock Brazil Mexico Jamaica who knows where it is from or why or how but it is live and it is a real trade. I say this to show that we never truly know what is going on when people post trades in the internet.
I put in hundreds of thousands of dollars to get consistently profitable and 25 years so yeah I'm not about to just be like here ya go and same reason I wouldn't mentor anyone outside of family because this could all change tomorrow. If I told showed someone what I do then they could learn it and then it would change my edge would evaporate.

If Italian Ice is all the rage and making huge money then before long the Italian ice mkts will get saturated with too many people chasing the same easy profit!!!

It's great to talk trading and directions etc but to show anyone exactly what you do and when is detrimental to your wealth. Anyway wish me luck on this one

HiLatencyTRDR HLT 
Midway florida

kevinkdog View Post
$50 per point normalization?

Absolutely correct. Strong work. Check your dm if I can dm you I will.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on July 28, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts