NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

APEX 300K+: The Journey

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mewddsltd with 167 posts (315 thanks)
    2. looks_two injpowwetrust with 163 posts (369 thanks)
    3. looks_3 DowDaddy with 17 posts (19 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OttoBlink with 11 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one injpowwetrust with 2.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mewddsltd with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 OttoBlink with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 DowDaddy with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 50,288 views
    2. thumb_up 858 thanks given
    3. group 940 followers
    1. forum 430 posts
    2. attach_file 364 attachments

Search this Thread

APEX 300K+: The Journey

DowDaddy 
Las Vegas

Experience: Master
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: Dow Futures
Thanks Given: 748
Thanks Received: 391

mewddsltd View Post
dumped the account where I had to trade micros in favor of new EA accounts ..

here is this morning's result of a simple scalping strategy based on the second RENKO bar of market open ..

didn't want a repeat of yesterday so stopped for the day ..

23 05 24b

What Eval accounts did you go with?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 338

@Nasdaq1517

I use APEX Trader .. they typically offer discounts to get traders started .. APEX has pluses/minuses .. find the prop broker that is best for you

.. you don't have to be the first one at the party .. just be part of the party ..

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

OK .. NQ started moving so scalped a couple more trades ..

23 05 24c

.. you don't have to be the first one at the party .. just be part of the party ..
Thanked by:
 injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,221
Thanks Received: 414

@mewddsltd good job friend! haha don't let it carry you away, I think its FOMC week. Either way, glad to see you bounce back! What account size did you go with? What is your entry size and what is your s/l, t/p for NQ?

05.23.2023 - [Day 43/100] - PASS : EVAL : Day 7 : +$94 | $+126/3000

Just have to keep the train on going, one day at a time! Hope everyone net some gains today!

05.24.2023_chart

05.24.2023_tradeviz

Stay safe, stay green friends!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@injpowwetrust .. chose the $50K accounts .. did eval a few months ago and think this account size gives one of the highest stop-loss per contract leeways .. it cost a bit more to do it this way but would rather have the extra draw-down/stop-loss .. my scalping strategy is for 2 mini contracts .. ES is 4 ticks .. NQ is 8 ticks .. ES makes $100, NQ makes $80 per trade ..

the market was mostly sideways today .. concern about being stopped-out kept me out of the few longer trades available .. so just scalped a few trades ..

23 05 24d.fw

Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

come from a family of programmers .. but did not follow in the family business .. just like programming to see what can be accomplished ..

spent the day experimenting with indicators to see if could build a method to simplify the 8/13/21 or 21/55 strategy .. came up with this set of moving averages .. indicator shows EMA13 // EMA21 // EMA55 // EMA144 // EMA233 to show the "macro" trade and two faster MovAvg's to act as trade setup signals .. with a volume-weighted MACD to act as confirmation indicator .. willing to accept the confirmation may occur before or after the MovAvg trade setup signal

some strategists suggest trading when the price bounces off the 21 .. others say to trade when the price bounces off the 55 .. let's see how tomorrow goes ..

here are the charts for NQ && ES from earlier today ..

everyone is a great trader after the market is closed ..

23 05 24 NQ.fw

23 05 24 ES.fw

Thanked by:
elmatador
Woodbridge Virginia

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

mewddsltd View Post
come from a family of programmers .. but did not follow in the family business .. just like programming to see what can be accomplished ..

spent the day experimenting with indicators to see if could build a method to simplify the 8/13/21 or 21/55 strategy .. came up with this set of moving averages .. indicator shows EMA13 // EMA21 // EMA55 // EMA144 // EMA233 to show the "macro" trade and two faster MovAvg's to act as trade setup signals .. with a volume-weighted MACD to act as confirmation indicator .. willing to accept the confirmation may occur before or after the MovAvg trade setup signal

some strategists suggest trading when the price bounces off the 21 .. others say to trade when the price bounces off the 55 .. let's see how tomorrow goes ..

here are the charts for NQ && ES from earlier today ..

everyone is a great trader after the market is closed ..

where can I get the indicator love the way your chart looks.

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,221
Thanks Received: 414

@mewddsltd dropped the 21 ema, sticking with 60 ema. I'm fond of the 21 ema, the crossing ema strat, doesn't seem to be working for me right now. lol, yeah hindsight is a bitch. Hope you got some good trades in today.

05.25.2023 - [Day 44/100] - PASS : EVAL : Day 8 : +$86 | $+212/3000

Trades were cut short today, I took my winners fast. I had some trades that had 1 runner. I've been green so far this week, so just have close tomorrow strong.

Hope everyone got theirs today!
Screenshot 2023-05-25 091320

Screenshot 2023-05-25 091549

Stay safe, stay green friends!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@elmatador

most of my indicators started as someone else's creation .. then modified to suit my purpose & visual goals

here is a list of my indicators and the location of the original .. it may take some time for you to customize them to your specific trading style

color background (use this to remind when is optimal trading time)
https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-download/color-regions/

supply demand zones (use this to remind me where price has stalled or changed direction in the past)

opening range (use this as additional info for trading the early market hours)

current day VWAP (use this to have an idea of how large/institutional traders are trading)

current day Pivots (pivots can act like magnets .. or walls .. good to know where they are)

Multiple Moving Averages (will create the faster moving averages and color them .. if not to your liking, you can use ColorThePlot)
https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-download/new-version-using-multiple-moving-average-to-find-the-region/
Hull(HMA) .. Upper = Open .. Lower = Close .. Period = 21

ColorThePlot
https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-download/colortheplot/

volume weighted MACD (a variation on MACD .. not sure it is any more accurate than standard MACD)
https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-download/volume-weighted-macd-histogram/
Fast Period = 13 .. Slow Period = 21

Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@injpowwetrust

good job .. you seem to have come a long way in the last couple of weeks .. keep it up .. I tend to agree .. the fewer lines on the chart the better ..

I like trading the first 30 minutes of the market open .. a friend has been trying to convince me to trade the first three hours of the market open .. think that just gives me more time to over-think and enter bad trades .. going back to the first 30 minutes ..

@elmatador
have the volume-weighted MACD on my chart but rarely does it come into play for my trading .. if you look at these charts you can see it works pretty well on one chart but there is significant divergence on the other .. divergence in momentum indicators such as RSI, Stochastics, and MACD is fairly common .. and I do not know how to trade them .. so I will probably remove it from my chart and just use the other indicators .. primarily the HMA[21] close/open market timing indicator .. that is my go-to indicator .. almost don't need the others ..

23 05 25 ES.fw

23 05 25 NQ.fw

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 25, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts