NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

APEX 300K+: The Journey

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mewddsltd with 167 posts (315 thanks)
    2. looks_two injpowwetrust with 166 posts (373 thanks)
    3. looks_3 DowDaddy with 17 posts (19 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OttoBlink with 11 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one injpowwetrust with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mewddsltd with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 OttoBlink with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 DowDaddy with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 54,173 views
    2. thumb_up 863 thanks given
    3. group 939 followers
    1. forum 434 posts
    2. attach_file 364 attachments

APEX 300K+: The Journey

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,263
Thanks Received: 419

Hi @TradeWithTrend,

Yes I've moved down from 300k to 50k. Its more favorable for the trader. I do not have any funded accounts. I have pass phase one, the eval, six times already, twice with 300k, and four times with 50k. I have also blown around 30 or so (both fore 300k/50k) accounts with having reach the goal amount need to pass, but ultimately failed because of the trailing drawdown. It sucks, but it is part of their contract. I don't have a problem with it because I know I'm not trading the right way. I'm often over leveraged, too much size/risk on my trade. Unfortunately, I have not yet manage to do any withdrawals, I blew my account up before reaching the minimum 7-10 day. My poor trading habits prevent me from succeeding.

I have not received any payouts yet, but I know I will be soon, I can taste it. I'll post it when I do! APEX is not a scam, you just have to follow the rules to receive the payout. I have a close irl friend who has already received 4 payouts on their 50k. They are about to enter phase 3, live trade. They have been a profitable trader for 2 years now. They did it with NQ.

Right now, I'm doing 50k. They have good deals/sales. Just opened a few more last week. I'm still fighting my demons, unlike my friend, who has already conquered theirs (a majority of the time, 4 red days in the last 8 months). My trading size is 2 MES per trade. 6 MES MAX, depending on what I see. (I broke this rule last couple days) Honestly speaking, any more than 5 MES on 50k account is dangerous.

I have not tried other funded firms, I want don't to. I don't see the point... its all the same shit, just spun differently, they want you as their "cash cow". If you aren't a discipline trader already, it doesn't matter. You will lose money everywhere else anyways. If you can pass one, you can pass them all.

I trade with ema/renko bars, still like them. I know about orderflow/tpo, but I'm not so in tune with it right now. Maybe one day when I switch away from APEX and start using sierra charts. Tried bookmap, didn't see the "edge" at least from when I tried it. Right now, I'm on phase 1, doing 50k eval.

Thank you for the kind wishes friend, I wish you good health and good fortune as well. I hope was able to answer your questions, good luck on your trades.

PS. the 7 days part is the "trap". You don't need to accomplish it in 7 days. With the sales they have going, APEX offers the best price out there imo. Also, I don't know about you, but to me making money in trading is easy as fuck.. the hard part is keeping it. Trailing drawdown helps you keep it. Change up how you think about it...

TradeWithTrend View Post
Hi.

I see you've attempted APEX 50K and 300K eval accounts. There's 20 pages of posts, I skipped through but didn't take the time to read them all. I can tell you've made changes to your trading, something we all work through.

I've tried a few prop firms myself. It's nice APEX has only 7 days to get funded and allows for multiple accounts. However, their trailing drawdown (TDD) does not stop at a price (say $150K acct with $5K drawdown, I hit $150K, with some e.g. OneUp, and I think others, the TDD locks in there, with APEX in the eval account it keeps following the acct balance up, which leads to more lost accounts and having to re-bill/reset. The rule sucks for traders, but obviously in place as a cash cow to APEX.

Would you mind summarizing where you are at right now? Do you have funded account(s), have you received payouts, what APEX account size do you have and what's your avg trading size? Have you tried other prop firms and why did you settle on APEX?

Wishing you lots of success!

Marc

Stay safe, stay green friends!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Funded Trader platforms
64 thanks
Trading with Intuition
16 thanks
Self sabotage reframed
15 thanks
Joes Trading Garage
13 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

Platform: NinjaTrader8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 338

most of this AM was pretty crappy trading .. which was confirmed by my indicator staying gray most of the day ..

my strategy requires I wait a minute before placing the first trade .. placed one trade and then, after seeing the price reach a few ticks profit I watched the price on MNQ go 150 ticks against me .. only to watch it then reverse and reach my profit target .. ARGHH!!

luckily my stop(s) kept my losses to a minimum .. on that note, I've shared much about my programming concepts .. my button strategy incorporates the programming code taken from @bcomas' Account Equity Guard
( https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-download/account-equity-guard-nt8-strategy/ )
so after this loss, my buttons were disabled .. and the buttons could not be enabled again, any attempt to enable the buttons saw an immediate disabling .. thank you @bcomas for the code (strategy)

lost money but gained experience && knowledge .. AND I adhered to my strategy and trading plan .. no cheating!!

23 06 27 MNQ

.. you don't have to be the first one at the party .. just be part of the party ..
Thanked by:

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

Damn, I feel you. I also struggled, nothing went above 4-5 ticks for me at the start... i got tilted lol

Any chance I can nab your code for buttons? I need a way to stop me from sizing up past 2 mes contract size. I have been struggling lately even with GAT addon, because I keep fucking removing my risk parameters when I tilt.

mewddsltd View Post
lost money but gained experience && knowledge .. AND I adhered to my strategy and trading plan .. no cheating!!

Amen! I need to stop cheating!

Thanked by:

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

06.27.2023 - [BATCH 1] : +$99 | $+1487/3000 || Day 2 : [BATCH 2] : +$99 | 319/3000 : 12W - 5L

Oversized again, because I let one of my trades run too long. The first couple trades didn't go XX ticks, so I was tilted. Its my expectations of making $100 dollars each day that is messing with my emotions. I was not patient and let those dull trades influence my decision making.

I was able to get away green again today, but damn I need to stop removing my risk parameters.

Hope ya'll did better than me, and let some runners run up that climb to 4400.

06.23.2023_chart

06.23.2023_tradeViz_1

06.23.2023_tradeViz_2

Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@injpowwetrust

the buttons are in such an early stage of development that I would be concerned they would cause you some problems .. cause you to lose .. sorry

.. you don't have to be the first one at the party .. just be part of the party ..
Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@injpowwetrust

found some code on NT8 Support forum for buttons and other things .. was able to make a strategy that creates a panel to the right side of the screen and a few buttons .. much like my other strategy .. except I left off all the indicator code buttons

the trade criteria are coming from the ChartTrader ATM Strategy in your system .. you can select the Chart Trader ATM strategy you want from the drop-down box at the top of the property window

the WaitBars to make sure you take time between trades .. or not .. it defaults to 0 so this effectively says you don't have to wait .. but set it to 500 and you are trading once a day

so what this strategy does is
1) lets you enter trades ..
2) prevents you from stacking trades ..
3) and allows you to close trades on this chart or flatten trades on all charts ..

the instrument that is being traded is shown across the top of the panel
the ATM strategy that is being used is shown in the space between the Close && Buy buttons .. if you don't see anything here then you did not select an ATM Strategy ..

and of course, @bcomas' code was included to protect your account .. the default values have been set to
1) daily profit = 150
2) daily loss = -125
3) account goal = 55,000
4) max draw down = 125
please set these according to your criteria ..
just know that the buttons will be disabled and can not be enabled till a new day when any of these numbers have been reached for the day .. NO CHEATING!!

the panel is sizeable .. so set the width as you like .. and save your workspace ..

let me know if this is something you would like .. will send it via DM ... and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use this on a SIM account till you are sure it does what you want ..

BTW .. working on this for you helped me solve a bug in the strategy with all the criteria .. getting better, and fixing one bug at a time ..

my trading today .. trading MNQ .. GREEN ... +147 ticks (net)

23 06 28 MNQ

23 06 28 MNQ strategy

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

No trades today, work got busy and I woke up late. I've been thinking about my trading these past few days all last night. I know my reckless nature is going to pop up even more if I keep this up. I was able to get away, but eventually its going to hurt and destroy what I've done this past few weeks. I don't see myself getting any better comparative in these last few months. Since, February, I would destroy my account every two weeks or so. A lead up from many small tilts, to one devastating 100 /mes max size trades.

I've decided to stop trading my apex evals for this month. I'm going to take some time to reset, a much needed break. 5 months straight since I started posting here and no where closer, always one step forward and two steps back. I'll resume trading on my apex evals after the upcoming holiday, and stop before August. I'm weary of August, I think its best for me just to sit it out and pay the month fee to apex.

@mewddsltd awesome, damn what a solid day! Heck ya send it my way. I plan on trading sim for a bit anyways! Thank you!
- can you hardcode these parameters for the ATM strategy.... 2 mes contracts, I just to be able to change it so easily via UI.

The other stuff seems great, I really need it to stop cheating, haha! I cant seem to stop myself from changing the size of my contracts in ATM strategy. Hiding it is a great idea! BTW, would I still be able to move the stop loss or take profit?

My main issue is when I tilt:
1) I cant walk way
2) if i dont walk away, ill change disable/change the risk management.
3) GAT addon is just a GUI, so its simple click here and there boom done,
4) if there was away to only let say make it a "private" variable in the code, so I would have to go inside to change it instead of doing at the GUI level.

Thanked by:

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

Actually I thought about it, best to just not move the S/L or T/P of ATM strategy, move to B/E button would be good though.

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

07.05.2023 - Day 1 : [BATCH 2] : blew it up -2500/2500: [BATCH 3] :+$30/3000
07.06.2023 - Day 2 : [BATCH 3] : +$147 | $177/3000
07.07.2023 - Day 3 : [BATCH 3] : +$92 | $269/3000 : 1W - 0L

I took a much needed break away from everything, hoping to reset. haha, well it didn't go well. I let my emotion get the best of me, eventually saying, fuck it. I blew up my BATCH 2, 2 accounts. I've restart with another batch, batch 3. I'm leaving batch 1 alone till September or at least when I get batch 3 close to batch 1. I'm not going to let my fuck up get to me, Ill focus on improving myself this month. I know this is something I can conquer. I will control my demons.
'
I need to work on patience and control. I need focus on the winning the war, not the battles.

Today was a good day, one trade that just kept going. I hit my target, so I'm done.

Hope everyone had a better start for July!

Screenshot 2023-07-07 093541

Thanked by:

sftrader
san francisco, ca

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I made a similar journey. Started with nothing but $150k accounts, after buying the trade copier. So after 4 months of blowing evals and a few PA's. I did four things to adjust. a) switched to 50k accounts instead b) stop using the trade copier, seriously that is a nightmare and sole reason for blowing up so much.. trade copier is a great tool if you know how to effectively use it but for some reason, I am really consistent until an unexpected move happens and some of my stops won't work..especially when trading the NQ. So forget it, I mentally threw that in the trash. c) Switched from NQ to ES.. this also is not a catch all, but it makes for alot less whippy trading and allows me align with the market direction and my charts a whole lot more. I tend to take on less risk with ES as well, max 3 contracts. 4) wait for a sale with Apex, buy 15 accounts and pass 5-10 type of thing.

I now have 5 PA's of which switched to MNQ and MES solely on these. Will post an update when I gain my first payouts. I intend to stay consistent by not using the trade copier, not over sizing and over trading, and picking my true setups which has been working. Hope this helps.

Also, I think the APEX multiple accounts as such a low cost to entry is truly a gamechanger, however I only got involved initially because of the Trade copier. Looking back it was a waste of time to do that other than learning the lesson of blowing up evals. There is a lot of mental emotion involved with blowing up ten evals on a trade copier just to go and buy ten more and eventually doing that again. I had a lot more consistency passing evals in 1-2 days at times just trading each account one by one. That is the way I am going to trade my PA's too. There is a reason Apex mostly posts payouts of $500-$2700, I have yet to see any major group of traders make it to month 4 with the so-called epic payouts above these amounts and I attribute that to making similar mistakes as I did. Maybe they exist and hopefully I will be one of them, as my conservative side has now kicked in mentally.. but as of now, I truly wonder if its because of the trade copier. It is really difficult to be that consistent in 5 months or more, I suspect that when I am, I won't be needing Apex at all. Which is why I immensely value using their tools for now!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 2, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts