NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

APEX 300K+: The Journey

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mewddsltd with 167 posts (315 thanks)
    2. looks_two injpowwetrust with 163 posts (369 thanks)
    3. looks_3 DowDaddy with 17 posts (19 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OttoBlink with 11 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one injpowwetrust with 2.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mewddsltd with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 OttoBlink with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 DowDaddy with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 50,802 views
    2. thumb_up 858 thanks given
    3. group 940 followers
    1. forum 430 posts
    2. attach_file 364 attachments

Search this Thread

APEX 300K+: The Journey

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 338

@injpowwetrust .. thought you might like to see this comparison

made several of the more typical indicators look similar so the results could be compared ..

one of the first stops on my journey was an indicator found on the ecosystem .. DrawRegionwithMultipleMovingAverage .. it allowed me to compare several formulas for moving averages till I found one that made sense to me .. my moving average indicator uses HMA(21) and compares the Open and Close .. keep in mind, my charts are RENKO charts so this may not be as accurate on time-based charts .. from there I colored my lines by direction .. colored my regions .. added Buy/Sell signals and alerts for these Buy/Sell signals

out of curiosity, I modified the code to be more like a MACD and added a signal line ..

the QQE indicator touts a double-smoothed RSI .. so I removed the fast & slow trend lines and changed the appearance .. a QQE indicator by @DaveS can be found here ..

the OBV indicator was modified with a smoothing moving average and renamed the OBMV .. my version of the OBVM has a second smoothing line and the two smoothing lines are compared .. with a signal line added .. what you might call an OBVM-convergence/divergence indicator

the final indicator for this post is a modified double-smoothed stochastic (Bressert) .. @fattails version can be found here ..

all of these indicators were made to look similar .. the trade setups are similar .. some get to the party early and some get to the party late .. which may result in trades being stopped out or not reaching profit target ..

have other indicators too .. but these certainly confirm that reliance on indicators probably isn't the most profitable / successful strategy ..

MES 06-23 (8 BetterRenko) 2023_05_04 (5_38_16 PM)

.. you don't have to be the first one at the party .. just be part of the party ..
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,221
Thanks Received: 414

@mewddsltd thanks! ill look into this next weekend.

05.05.2023 - [Day 32/100] - FAIL: [[Day 7][Day 6]] - 4 accounts : +$40 | $3797/$3000 ; 1 account: +$40 | $2658/$3000: [Day 5/20] - FAIL 10 PA account - FAILED
05.05.2023 - [Day 32/100] - PASS: [Day 1] - 5 NEW Eval accounts : +$180 | $180/$3000

Yeah don't do what I did. Some how, I went ape shit and started scaling up big. At one point, my account was sitting pretty at 3k+, I caught the trend and kept adding sizing on re-entry. I was greedy, eventually I felt the trend had died. I kept forcing my shorts trades, and of course instead of accepting the loser I traded more and added more size to make up. What an idiot. Am I just gambling....

Those PA got hit with the "admin only", hit the $2.1k. Why didn't I just stop, I had a few windfall trades that went my way on a trend day. Ughhhhhh

Yeah, I don't know anymore....

Hopefully, everyone did better and got theirs this week!

Stay safe, stay green friends!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
handspin
boston ma

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 108

nah, you're not the only one. i've donked out scaling big time even after hitting profit targets

size is so dangerous without a scaling plan. topstep rigorously enforces this to our benefit

leeloo might, oneup does if you force micros only and the survivability vs. profitability is so much better

super sizing also tends to distract from analysis as even small blips turn into gargantuan swings

perhaps scaling at levels, minimally can prevent these blow outs.. no account, no trades

multiplying risk is like thinning out buffers razor thin that were once margins of safety in case shtf

the benefit of stupidity and experimentation though, is that the mistakes hit harder, lessons learned

Thanked by:
 injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

05.05.2023 - [Day 32/100] - PASS: [Day 1] - 5 NEW Eval accounts : +$180 | $180/$3000
05.08.2023 - [Day 33/100] - FAIL : [Day 2] - 5 Eval accounts : -$1200 | -$1020/$3000
05.09.2023 - [Day 34/100] - FAIL : [Day 3] - 5 Eval accounts : -$1480 | -$2500/$3000 | SIM : -$86
05.10.2023 - [Day 35/100] - PASS : SIM : $213

Well, I didn't learn my lesson yet. A very expensive lesson that keep occurring. I let the outcome, my ego dictate how I trade. I eventually crumble and break my rules trying to earn it all back by sizing up. I also notice I force bad trades when I'm in the red.

I'm going to trade sim for a few days and let myself recalibrate. The idea is to get use to following my rules, not letting my own expectation dictate how I trade.

Good Luck everyone!

Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@injpowwetrust

if you watch the APEX's (Darrel's) promotional video for mastering your mind he talks about having a friend or family member that can go on this journey with you .. at least hold you accountable .. yes, he is really promoting his educational video .. but do you have such a person??

I trade 1 contract .. looking for a few ticks on CL and/or ES .. was up $200 today .. shut my computer down .. got bored and turned my computer back on a couple of hours later .. made a couple of winners but then had a losing trade of $390 (about 2XATR) .. but went from having $200 profit day to a $100 losing day.. just because I got bored and did not follow my rules ..

.. you don't have to be the first one at the party .. just be part of the party ..

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@injpowwetrust

this is my chart with the gold band in the background being 9:30AM - 10:00AM (EST) .. pretty easy to make a few ticks and make a profit ..

23 05 10.fw

Thanked by:
 injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

@mewddsltd

I have friends that I talk to, but it all comes down to me and my lack of self control. I'm too impulsive at times when I trade. I like to fall back on sizing up to make up for losses. This works out from time to time, but when it doesn't I blow up my eval or pa. I just need to tighten it up, I'm rushing too much. I'm chasing that dollar when I should be focus on controlling my losses. I know what I need to do, but I can't seem to be discipline enough to not blow up.

I like your chart! Yeah it does suck when you come back, I blew up my PA because I wanted more. I need to work on building it up, I was never the kid that could wait for that extra marshmallow. I would of eaten it right there instead of waiting an extra 5-10mins for two......

Thanked by:

DowDaddy 
Las Vegas

Experience: Master
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: Dow Futures
Thanks Given: 752
Thanks Received: 391

I blew up a couple Evals also of my 16 ... it is a grind for sure .... I read that we actually aren't trading the markets but we are trading ourselves

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

my chart(s) looked like this today .. somehow I still lost money .. gotta trade what I see .. NOT what I think is going to happen ..

23 05 11.fw

Thanked by:
 injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

@mewddsltd yup happen to me today as well.

05.10.2023 - [Day 36/100] - PASS : SIM : $ -253

I was up $76, but decided to come back, trades went sideways .... got into one good trade but it didn't hit t/p. It went all the way back down to S/L at B/E. It was a 1:3 (10 tick s/l : 30 tick t/p).... thinking back 2x ATR(9) was around 13. I should of been happy with 22 ticks. A lot of small chop here and there, losses added up. The only good thing out of today was 1) I stuck to my daily loss limit 2) I didn't increase my lot size, stuck to 4 /mes. I learned a bit more about myself and hopefully I can trade better on days like these. I think next time, if I lose all my gains for the day. I should call it a day, no need to dip into yesterdays gains.

Hope everyone day was a productive one!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	05.11.2023_charts.png
Views:	63
Size:	742.0 KB
ID:	331648   Click image for larger version

Name:	05.11.2023_zoom.png
Views:	54
Size:	569.4 KB
ID:	331649   Click image for larger version

Name:	05.11.2023_summary.png
Views:	51
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	331650  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 25, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts