2. attach_file 4 attachments

Search this Thread

nofx 50k attempt

nofx
Riverton Utah

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

goal = pass 50k funded account

method = currently I've settled on volume profile, wait for price to reach important & obvious levels, try to identify potential reversals and/or continuations

tools = Ninja Trader full version (in order to access all the order flow indicators)

Since today is saturday, I'll spend a couple hours practicing via market replay.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

Zen Garden 
Dallas texas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 23

Can you elaborate in greater detail on this like when where and why. And for where, I mean what future contracts. Reversal are very dangerous for the average trader not being able to trust when a ranging market will stay ranging and vice versa.

Sent using the futures.io mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
nofx
Riverton Utah

Zen Garden View Post
Can you elaborate in greater detail on this like when where and why. And for where, I mean what future contracts. Reversal are very dangerous for the average trader not being able to trust when a ranging market will stay ranging and vice versa.

Thanks for the reply, I figured this would just by my own personal echo chamber lol.

I started this post mainly to help hold myself accountable, as I have been having trouble with discipline to follow through with simple things like daily to practicing or market replay, or put together a more solid gameplan & complete trading rules.

Right now I'm just focusing on NQ & ES.

Primarily the US morning session, and occasionally some pre-market or globex.

The levels I'm currently focusing on are any super obvious S/R zones, as well as prior sessions VAH/VAL/POC, and any significant caves/nodes on volume profile.

For these challenge accounts (at least for the time being) I plan on entering with 3 minis, closing out 1 mini at TP1 of 10-15 ticks, another at TP2 of 20-25 ticks, and leave one runner at breakeven. But if/when I pass the accounts, I will scale down dramatically to only 9 micros, and close out in sets of 3x micros.

Another goal that I need to make priority is to backtest with a ratio of at least 10:1, for every live session I trade/practice, perform at least 10 units of MR practice (albeit at faster speeds of 5-15x). MR will hopefully help me to spot when price is actually reversing or net, etc. Getting in my MR is something I struggle with following through on unfortunately, but IMO the only way that I can actually become consistently profitable.

Ideally, I can get to the point where I'm only taking 1-3 high quality setups per session/day.

nofx
Riverton Utah

Monday (4/8/24) did not trade, I am on a weird sleep schedule unfortunately and slept through the morning session. I do not like trading lunch or afternoon session as the speed is too slow for me at the moment.

Tuesday (4/9/24) I had my charts open in the background while I was doing other things on my computer. I will periodically glance at the charts to see if price is near any levels of significance.

Today I took 2 trades today on my challenge account.

1st trade I was anticipating a break to the upside, price hit TP1 and then from there reversed and stopped me out for a small loss.

2nd trade was basically waiting for the big move down that had went against my initial position. It was such a large drop it had entered an S/R zone I had noticed (marked as the gray rectangle/box). I was patiently waiting for the huge move down to finish & lose steam. The 5 minute candle formed an indecision candle inside my SR zone, and then I entered a renko chart after price had broken to the upside outside the recent accumulation. I did press my luck, and instead of taking my usual TP1 & TP2, I moved all 3 of my take profits near the psych number 18300 which was also near prior day POC.

The 2nd trade today was a stroke of dumb luck, but I felt fairly confident enough about it that I actually queued up the same trade on a 2nd challenge account. But I was more conservative and with that acct and took profits much earlier ($1100).

The other account I made $2100, but was a bit greedy. I actually added to the position on a pullback, putting all my potential profits at risk. This acct was already up $1k last month trading (and had taken a few weeks break from being out of town). I only added because I was very close to hitting the $3k challenge amount.

Today's profits was definitely an outlier, usually I only make between $0-$300. Often the position will not run like this, nor do I usually push out my TP's to act as runners, but price had moved in my favor quite rapidly, and I just moved my stop to BE.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_911.png
Views:	24
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	338785  
nofx
Riverton Utah

NQ has been in a range the last few days.

Price is currently at the top of the range, so looking to ride it down, but it's just a 50/50 coin flip if it will work or not...

Right now, price is holding below currently forming poc + 50% fib retracement.

For this trade i'll just enter with small position of 3 micros, since I'll have a very wide stop outside current daily high (which coincides with prior daily high that was rejected quite strongly twice.

For now, I'll use a TP at 138% fib

There is also prior day naked/vpoc at 18263.50, curious to see if it will get hit today or not...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_926.png
Views:	16
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	338809  
nofx
Riverton Utah

Well the fib retracements were invalidated pretty quickly, old habits die hard I guess, I need to stop using those haha. There was a time I had decent success with them on 15 minute chart. I need to stay focused on volume profile.

Anyway, here's a better screenshot that includes the day prior.

I marked up the SR area showing top range that I'm seeing, but it's been hit 4 times now, perhaps it won't hold for much longer.

Looking like I'll get stopped out soon... I moved my TP to prior day VAH.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_506.png
Views:	10
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	338810  
nofx
Riverton Utah

holy guacamole, I need to remember to check for news... haha, well got stopped out of that one.

Last Updated on April 10, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts