NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Introduce yourself here!


Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 148 posts (4,071 thanks)
    2. looks_two xplorer with 76 posts (99 thanks)
    3. looks_3 nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    4. looks_4 vmodus with 35 posts (50 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 83 thanks per post
    2. looks_two George with 47 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 27.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 22,487,546 views
    2. thumb_up 12,642 thanks given
    3. group 6,529 followers
    1. forum 10,890 posts
    2. attach_file 99 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #10881 (permalink)
SITM Trader
Wellington New Zealand
 
Posts: 3 since Sep 2026
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I’m a New Zealand-based swing trader using daily and weekly charts, with a methodology based on W.D. Gann and David Bowden’s Safety in the Market trading system. Really keen to connect with others trading this way rather than day trading :-)


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #10882 (permalink)
StebaTrade
London, UK
 
Posts: 1 since Jul 2026
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hi everyone. I'm glad I found this community, full of valuable resources and great contributions.

I'm a UK-based trader. I picked up trading again (after a hiatus of several years) about six months ago. At the moment, I'm in some prop firm challenges (CFD and futures), and I replicate the same trades roughly on each of them. I'm focusing on the EUR/USD currency pair (and its related 6E futures contract), although I am testing other pairs/contracts.

I trade mainly based on Volume Profile patterns, integrating them with VWAP and Order Flow (which I am still learning).


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #10883 (permalink)
 
xplorer's Avatar
 xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Posts: 6,340 since Sep 2015
Thanks Given: 16,037
Thanks Received: 16,242


StebaTrade View Post
Hi everyone. I'm glad I found this community, full of valuable resources and great contributions.

I'm a UK-based trader. I picked up trading again (after a hiatus of several years) about six months ago. At the moment, I'm in some prop firm challenges (CFD and futures), and I replicate the same trades roughly on each of them. I'm focusing on the EUR/USD currency pair (and its related 6E futures contract), although I am testing other pairs/contracts.

I trade mainly based on Volume Profile patterns, integrating them with VWAP and Order Flow (which I am still learning).

Welcome StebaTrade.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #10884 (permalink)
ethanjmiller
Santa Monica
 
Posts: 1 since Sep 2026
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi everyone, I’m Ethan James Miller. I’m with PVAMarkets and work with online marketplaces and digital account services. Just joined the forum and thought I’d say hello. Looking forward to learning from everyone here.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #10885 (permalink)
 thblees 
Berlin, Germany
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TWS
Broker: IB
Trading: GC, KC, ZS, ZM, NG
Posts: 2 since Jan 2018
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi, I am Thomas from Germany, stock and futures trader and online educator.
I developed this websit which may be of use for some:

https://futuresspecs.com/

Cheers
Thomas


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #10886 (permalink)
 COoneguy 
Porto Portugal
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Motivewave/Optimus Flow
Broker: Optimus/ AMP/ Ironbeam
Trading: es nq
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Posts: 64 since Feb 2020
Thanks Given: 66
Thanks Received: 71


thblees View Post
Hi, I am Thomas from Germany, stock and futures trader and online educator.

I developed this websit which may be of use for some:



https://futuresspecs.com/



Cheers

Thomas

Nice resource! Thanks!


Reply With Quote
  #10887 (permalink)
DrHeat
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
 
Posts: 1 since Oct 2026
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi everyone,

I'm DrHeat, a trader based in the UAE. I focus on EUR/USD and
I use CME Euro FX futures (6E) as my main source for real volume.

My approach is mostly volume-based: I look for high-volume candles
(especially on lower timeframes) and watch how price behaves when it
returns to those zones. I also use anchored VWAP from key event
candles (like NFP or CPI releases) and keep an eye on the weekly COT
report for positioning context.

I'm here to learn more about order flow, delta and volume profile,
and to exchange ideas with other currency futures traders.

Looking forward to learning from you all.

DrHeat


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #10888 (permalink)
mmct
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
 
Posts: 2 since Oct 2026
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 2

Hey everyone!

another german guy just wanted to drop a quick hello.

I’ve been diving headfirst into trading over the past few months, soaking up as much knowledge as I can. But if I’m being completely honest, I’m currently stuck in that stage almost every beginner faces: figure out which trading strategy actually fits my personality.

Every time I feel like I’ve finally found "the one," I start overthinking it—“Oh wait, but what about this indicator? What about that approach?”—and end up back at square one feeling a bit lost in the noise.

I’m here to get some clear direction, learn from people who have been through this phase, perhaps team up to with other newbies who want to get togehter through it and connect with a solid & nice community. My main goal right now is to listen, absorb, and build consistency. Once I get more experience under my belt, I can’t wait to pay it forward and contribute back to the group.

Looking forward to connecting with you all!

Mace


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #10889 (permalink)
 
xplorer's Avatar
 xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Posts: 6,340 since Sep 2015
Thanks Given: 16,037
Thanks Received: 16,242

@mmct

Welcome, Mace


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #10890 (permalink)
 Symple 
Zuerich / Switzerland
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Master
Platform: TastyTrade
Broker: TastyTrade
Trading: Hedges with Options on Stocks, ETF's and Futures
Frequency: Every few weeks
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 1,283 since Sep 2021
Thanks Given: 1,722
Thanks Received: 2,582


mmct View Post
Hey everyone!

another german guy just wanted to drop a quick hello.

I’ve been diving headfirst into trading over the past few months, soaking up as much knowledge as I can. But if I’m being completely honest, I’m currently stuck in that stage almost every beginner faces: figure out which trading strategy actually fits my personality.

Every time I feel like I’ve finally found "the one," I start overthinking it—“Oh wait, but what about this indicator? What about that approach?”—and end up back at square one feeling a bit lost in the noise.

I’m here to get some clear direction, learn from people who have been through this phase, perhaps team up to with other newbies who want to get togehter through it and connect with a solid & nice community. My main goal right now is to listen, absorb, and build consistency. Once I get more experience under my belt, I can’t wait to pay it forward and contribute back to the group.

Looking forward to connecting with you all!

Mace

Hy @mmct

You've actually already hit the nail on the head: The strategy must fit your personality!

The trap you are describing (overthinking indicators and restarting) happens exactly because we often try to "optimize" a strategy before we've even given it a chance to work.

Since you already know the psychological fit is key, what about this: Pick the simplest approach that feels right to you, and force yourself to stick to it for 20 to 30 trades without changing a single indicator. That's how you separate "strategy failure" from "overthinking."

Wishing you a great start and consistency in the forum.

Symple


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on October 4, 2026


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts