NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





How set limit day order on M5?


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,912 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
Henrik
Berlin, Germany
 
Posts: 33 since Sep 2009
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 6

Hi!
I have an M5 chart.
My strategy should set a limit order for the day (not for the bar).
How can I code this? It this possible? I see only "next bar" and "this bar" orders. But I want a DAY limit order without cancel and set again the limit order every 5 minutes on TWS.

Thank you!


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590



Henrik View Post
Hi!
I have an M5 chart.
My strategy should set a limit order for the day (not for the bar).
How can I code this? It this possible? I see only "next bar" and "this bar" orders. But I want a DAY limit order without cancel and set again the limit order every 5 minutes on TWS.

Thank you!

EasyLanguage does not have DAY or GTC or FOK, etc etc. The order is evaluated on a bar-by-bar basis, and if it needs to be cancelled or updated it will do so on the next bar.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on August 21, 2011


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts