NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,249,008 views
    2. thumb_up 12,016 thanks given
    3. group 6,320 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

chrisa23 
Austin Texas

Experience: Beginner
Platform: R API+
Trading: ES CL GC ZN
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello!

My name is Chris. Just getting started in Futures trading, but I've been a software developer in the trading industry for around 15 years. I worked on a professional futures trading front end to start and have since built several automated trading systems, including a low-latency arbitrage system for European spot power markets. I've dabbled with my own auto trading system for years and recently left a commodities trading firm and started working on my own system again. I am setting up with R Api and AMP Clearing and will be trying out some manual and auto trading. Probably using MultiCharts as a front end and possibly a Chicago based server for my algos. Crossing my fingers and have put a ton of effort into things and have some pretty good ideas and custom ML modelling techniques that show promise. Read a lot of Ehler's books, ML for trading books and exploring tons of sources of information. I recognize the likelihood of failure, but am going to be as careful as possible. Not risking more than I can afford to lose and ultimately its a great learning experience to push my development career forward even if I don't succeed. I have a ton of questions to ask, so thank you in advance to anyone willing to help me in my journey...

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

NickWhite 
Los Angeles+CA/USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Broker: Tradestation, Interactive Brokers
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 9

Good Day Everyone,

I've been a member since starting futures trading but not very active. I started trading stocks years ago when there was Prodigy and Waterhouse (now TD Ameritrade) with $25 "discounted" commissions. I try new things too frequently and need to stay more focused. Working for the same Employee Owned company for 42 years worked out well. That has given me the opportunity to set aside money for a trading account.

Good luck to everyone with all of your trading.

Domenic

"Luck is the residue of Design" - Branch Rickey

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Templar001
São Paulo - SP / Brazil

Hello.

I'm Clayton Faccipieri, a Brazilian guy who is in this marketing for 3 years.

In fact, the 2 first years I just traded Brazilian Futures Mkt and in the last year I started trading Nasdaq using NinjaTrader.

I've been struggling with this platform during this entire year, once the platform that I use, called Profit Chart Pro, is the only thing in the world that brazilian has way better than all the others. I do use in my Profit Chart Platform a lot of cool Indicators and it's not easy to me to create new indicators or adapt the ones I have to the Ninjatrader 8, once I'm not a programmer but a dedicated user.

I'll post the indicators I come up with and hope to find some non reprint indicators here as well.

Thanks for the forum

Thanked by:
Willie McCoy
Kalamazoo, Michigan

Hi. I'm Willie. I'm trying to introduce myself. I'm not even sure I'm in the right place. I know nothing about investing. I just purchased Wendy Kirkland's E Book on Options Trading and hope to learn all I can from you guys.

Thanked by:
kele4957
Akron, Ohio

Mike,

Glad to join this forum. I am new learner of thinkorswim. Hopefully this forum will help. Thank you!
-kele4957

Thanked by:
TraderNeo
piscataway NJ USA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 15

Mike,
Hi! My name is Manmohan. I am a software implementation consultant and have a year's experience trading futures.

Thanked by:
Gertwin
Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland

Thanks Given: 5

Hello!

I am relatively new, just been trading a few years generally unsuccessfully. Before I was trying to follow and learn from other people's technical analysis approaches and found that most of them did not work for me. I am interested in mechanical intra day approaches to scalping and have started backtesting my ideas using my own bot in cTrader. I like futures trading in indices.

It has been time consuming finding what works out of what doesn't but learning all the time.

Thanks for reading.

Thanked by:
futurestrader9979
Los Angeles

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 3

Thanks for sharing Mike! I have a similar story as you and am eager to see what the future holds

Thanked by:
Tradernoob
Gothenburg

Thanks Given: 4

Hi all! I've been trading for many years, but futures are something new to me. I always consider myself a noob (hence the name), because no matter how good you get at something, there's always more stuff to learn. I'm algotrading and I write my own strategies in Easylanguage. Not very good at it yet, but I make money so far. Fly safe all.

Thanked by:
ThescalperAnalyst
rome italy

Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 47

Goodmorning everyone. first of all, thank you for being welcomed into this community is a fundamental thing for personal growth. Let me introduce myself: I am a novice. After a few years in the world of cfd I finally arrived at futures. And there a world opened up to me. I am only at the beginning of this journey and every day I am trying to experiment and improve my approach to the market every day. I am currently participating in the ern2trade challenge to get a capitalized account (the road is still long) I hope to reach the goal soon.
My operation is based only on two instruments Es and Ym, mini and micro.
I perform scalping operations of up to 25 points and then go out. Let's say a hit and run operation.
There is still a lot to learn especially from a psychological point of view but I hope that in this community I will find people who will help me with their personal experience. I use ninjatrader and analyze the markets with: volume profile, orderflow (bookmap) footprint and delta volume.
Thanks to everyone and see you soon.

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts