NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

A Cowboy's Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bmtrading9 with 726 posts (926 thanks)
    2. looks_two Inletcap with 28 posts (82 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Blash with 20 posts (44 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 15 posts (36 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Inletcap with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Blash with 2.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bmtrading9 with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 122,641 views
    2. thumb_up 1,325 thanks given
    3. group 29 followers
    1. forum 893 posts
    2. attach_file 273 attachments

Search this Thread

A Cowboy's Trading Journal

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: MC and Jigsaw
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 3,001
Thanks Received: 2,159

Still short with one contract...obviously not liking the action here...USDJPY is down, HYG is coming down, ZN perking up, Oil is coming down hopefully stars are getting aligned...in this kind of bad trade after a very very long time...Friday ramp caught me off guard and Monday's and Today's p/a after showing weakness over night and reverse is kind of tough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

This market practically went from sell the rips to buy the dips on a bad jobs report in just 2 days...so I am kind ready to throw the towel in and flip long but common sense is not letting me do that...few mistakes I did/doing...

1. Didn't react to the price action quick enough due to news.

2. Didn't followed the plan because of news and bearish reaction after the news.

3. Even though mine is a swing trade on a larger timeframe emotions are getting tough to control.

4. I read in the book that fear/anxiety is common in trading even for well experienced traders, best way to cope up is just to follow the plan.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

Market ignoring bad data o/n and trying to front run QE announcement...I am ready to flip long but not just yet because

1. We don't have any concrete evidence that QE is on the table, Fed discussed about negative rates but I dont remember QE was mentioned before.
2. NYMO at extremely high reading of 80.
3. We are top of the range at daily charts
4. Slight possibility of H&S pattern and 50DMA resistance
5. We are in a downtrend and well below 200DMA

That being said every dip is getting bought overnight which is a concern for bears...

My plan is to wait and see what happens next after FOMC. If there is any QE I have to go long...

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

Not an easy task emotionally, my only fear is what if I am right afterall with the short? How do you guys cope up with these kind of emotions.

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

I watched watched watched and successfully entered at top tick just to close it for one point loss...back to net short...damn..

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

Buying panic...looks lime I am not the top tick afterall

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

It looks I have to give up shorting all together because

1. I read somewhere most indicators works well spotting lows so algos works on indicators and find the bottom easly
2. I think I am good at identifying bottoms...once I fail to act I go opposite and suffer slow painful torture.

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

That GOLD tricked me yesterday everyone and now moving up, is this the starting of an up trend?

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

Still holding bag with one short on ES...whenever I try to go long market looks like it want to puke and my mind constantly keep telling stupid you waited this long, look at daily chart, how can one go long...other voice keep reminding me that you moron look at these last three days and last three years market will never go down then immediately other voice comes back and this battle is going on...I stopped looking at the every tick which is good thing...

Reasons for short

1. Top of the range....NYMO at extreme readings, blah blah...

Reasons for long

1. Markets had plenty of opportunities to go down, it just just churning to frustrate shorts and might rip...

I want to enter long on pull backs with caution but that pullback will not happen when everyone is expecting as simple as that...

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

I thought flipping opinions/trades is easy but it seems to be very very difficult.

Last Updated on January 6, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts