NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

e-mini futures trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one nirvikalpasamadhi with 165 posts (37 thanks)
    2. looks_two nb10071981 with 13 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tpredictor with 6 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 5 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one choke35 with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kleinewaise with 0.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 nirvikalpasamadhi with 0.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 paps with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 31,792 views
    2. thumb_up 41 thanks given
    3. group 25 followers
    1. forum 199 posts
    2. attach_file 188 attachments

Search this Thread

e-mini futures trading

nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 47

today i saw one situation before i left fot yoga - nq long.

here, it was about creating an illusion that the market is utterly falling down like a dead bird, tempting sellers to jump into the downward movement because it was so clear that it will drop far and further..

hehe, no way.. i opened long into the first weakness of sellers after breaking mid level (and double bottom). all who believed in the crash were immediately shaken off as it revesed really quickly.

6 contracts. this is a typical reverzal situation that has perfectly clear features (describe in the picture)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nq long after falling illusion.png
Views:	264
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	238294   Click image for larger version

Name:	result +600.png
Views:	141
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	238295  

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

nb10071981
Daytona beach Florida

Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 32

Good trade

nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

i am currently holding nq long as a speculation for new highs. the entry was sort of a testing a new idea which could be called as a loading of smart buyers liquidity. it was observable on times and sales that the buyers are opening bigger volume in a clever algoritmic way, which is something i tried to join.

i opened only small possition of two contracts only, because as i said - it is a TEST entry. i was bored today because i didnt took any trade after open. and this appeared appealing to me. but because i need to regulate my risk, i didnt want to lose too much in a situation that was not so clear to me.

u can see that after my entry i took a drawdown, which i a clear sign that the timing was not good enough. anyway i am locked in profit now and i hope that it will hit the level of new highs

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nq long liq mx.png
Views:	135
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	238388  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

nirvikalpasamadhi View Post
i am currently holding nq long as a speculation for new highs. the entry was sort of a testing a new idea which could be called as a maximaliazition of smart buyers liquidity. it was observable on times and sales that the buyers are opening bigger volume in a clever algoritmic way, which is something i tried to join.

i opened only small possition of two contracts only, because as i said - it is a TEST entry. i was bored today because i didnt took any trade after open. and this appeared appealing to me. but because i need to regulate my risk, i didnt want to lose too much in a situation that was not so clear to me.

u can see that after my entry i took a drawdown, which i a clear sign that the timing was not good enough. anyway i am locked in profit now tnd i hope that it will hit the level of new highs

the price was not wiling to move higher (short term) - seemed like it revealed a nest of sellers´stop orders which (in some cases) might be a signal to reverze. i closed it after seeing the stops being activated. now it seems like the market will make a correction lower

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	170719 nq long 160.png
Views:	234
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	238389   Click image for larger version

Name:	nq 160.png
Views:	112
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	238390  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

99% of the time i have no idea where the market can move.

nasdaq is in problematic area now.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	problematic area.png
Views:	243
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	238393  
Trader825
Denver, CO

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 42

nirvikalpasamadhi View Post
99% of the time i have no idea where the market can move.

nasdaq is in problematic area now.

That's typically the case when price moves into uncharted territory. It takes a while for a range to form in which those trading get some type of bearing on where they'd like price to be. (In which it looks like the NQ eventually did after you made your post today).

Same thing happened on the ES today as it made consistent new highs as well. It always took a few minutes for price to settle before breaking out again. Of course, then again, we are in the "summer doldrums".

nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

a nice example of buying falling market, perfect entry price. 3/4 position closed to lock into a profit. i wanted to open bigger size but the price reversed really quickly.

the last target i plan to close in triple the size of the first one (i am not in the mood to experiment today :-))

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nq long daily low.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	238475  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

as i said, no experimenting. closed in fixed trademanagement. if i had opened bigere size, i could trail some contracts higher

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nq exit +350.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	238476   Click image for larger version

Name:	+350.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	238477  
nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

13:38 chicago time today - very nice situation for NQ long. i was not at the pc, but if i were i would try to take it for sure. perfect setup for opening a trade. it has all the characteristics of a good entry

nirvikalpasamadhi
prague

i decided to do a short description of the situation, because it is really a perfect example of what i observe in the market auction

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	footrpints.png
Views:	229
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	238519  

Last Updated on July 31, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts