NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ronin's Daily Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one DjRonin with 98 posts (43 thanks)
    2. looks_two Ddawg with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 mastercraft29 with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 3 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 1.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Northernlimit with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Ddawg with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 DjRonin with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 15,442 views
    2. thumb_up 63 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 119 posts
    2. attach_file 158 attachments

Search this Thread

Ronin's Daily Journal

DjRonin
La Serena - Chile

Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 92

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
19 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
17 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
13 thanks
EG Indicators
11 thanks
DjRonin
La Serena - Chile

Quick report of my yesterday's Trades as i forgot preparing the journal, my bad.

DjRonin
La Serena - Chile

No Gold today.. rolling contract so better to wait monday.

DjRonin
La Serena - Chile

31-03-17
Instruments: CL
Time frame: 5 min
Indicators: EMA 20
Strategy: Simple R/S and price action analisys

Definitely i was in lack of a plan to enter the market on these days.. i now regret i didn't do it everyday, but i had very little time to prepare for the market ... that was because the overconfidence mostly. IT is not like that.. everybody needs to stick to a plan and enter the market, and stay on the market unless the plan is proven wrong. I was missing this part lately.

Crude oil (CL)
Trade 1
Accordling with my pre market analysis there was reason to believe on a trading range day or a so the rule here was BLSHS. And accordling to the volume profile and my studies, levels where 50.18 as settlement and 50.54 as target in case of a bull channel. Bought another position after the break of HOD. Got some slippage to my favour as stop was placed at 50.54, totaling 87 ticks.
Trade 2
Was pretty sure that 50.54 level would hold at least for a scalp and i reversed the previous trade for 10 ticks, and slippage favoured me again giving 1 more tick. +22 ticks to add

Done for today. 109 ticks is really not bad for me.

Rule number 4: DO YOUR HOMEWORK, KEEP EVERYTHING ON A JOURNAL AND ALWAYS ANALYZE

Thanked by:
DjRonin
La Serena - Chile

DjRonin
La Serena - Chile

03-04-17
Instruments: GC
Time frame: 5 min

Today i got upset for trading in simulation instead of combine.
Gold (GC)
Trade 1 The good one but in SIM
Bought the second entry BO up to Pivot R1 and with a runner up to 1257.4 R but the price bounced from it and became very sluggish. Moved my stop and got stopped out. Then i realized i was on SIM account

Trade 2 and 3 this time in real account.
Revenge trades aiming to the test of resistance at 1257.4 but it took all the session and the first bar of overnight session to actually test it, meanwhile i got stopped out twice. I realized too late that the PIVOT R1 was holding so well due to resistance caused by March 29 top area. I know i would not have taken these 2 trades if the first was on real account... it was more than enought for the day.

I stopped trading for the day.. i could not stay focused.

DjRonin
La Serena - Chile

DjRonin
La Serena - Chile

05-04-17
Instruments: GC - ES - CL
Time frame: 3 min

Crude (CL)
Trade 1
H2 buy setup at bar 304, got filled at 308 but i made the mistake to buy more thinking on a rally up to 52.12, instead the price turned against my trade and i had the SL 1 tick below support at 51.75 but got stopped TO THE TICK before the price would eventually give some profit. +8 ticks
Trade 2
Kind of an impulse trade.. shorted in mo man's land and got luck.. actually it would have turned on a good profit trade but as every NON planned trade.. better to leave asap! +8 ticks
Trade 3
Faded the resistance at 50.95 for 5 ticks profit. +10 ticks

Gold (GC)
Trade 1
Bought the FBO of 1254.2 support for 10 ticks. +20 ticks
Trade 2
Bias was the price to jump and rally into 1257.7 resistance so i ve bought 1 tick above the first bar having its body above the resistance. It didn't and i sold as quick as possible placing a SL at bar 171 low, that same bar proved me wrong defining a failed h2 setup. -8 ticks
Trade 3
Nothing to say.. just a remember: DON'T LEAVE YOUR MOUSE ALONE IF A 3 YEARS OLD SON OF YOUR NEIGHBOR IS WANDERING AROUND YOUR PC. Fortunately i could close it BE. 0 ticks
Trade 4
Sold the retest of 1247.3 support but the price found its bottom and i closed the trade with a small loss. -10 ticks

S&P (ES)
Trade 1
Bought the retest of 2362.75 Support for a 4 ticks scalp. I don't focus too much on ES, i just place alarms at levels of importance and POCs as ES like to give a lot of those 4 ticks easy scalps. +8 ticks
Trade 2
I placed this trade at resistance and totally forgot to remove it as i was looking at crude. Closed it manually with 3 ticks loss. -6 ticks
Trade 3
Faded the movement at support with 5 ticks profit at OTD. +10 ticks

DjRonin
La Serena - Chile

DjRonin
La Serena - Chile

06-04-17
Instruments: ES
Time frame: 3 min

Today was a ES day and started very good with 2 decent trades and ended up in a disaster.
S&P (ES)
Trade 1
Bought the failed BO for a 4 ticks scalp at EMA. +8 ticks
Trade 2
Faded the up movement at 2354.25 resistance. Initial target was 4 ticks for 1 contract and 8 for the runner and there was room in the setup but i am having a lot of fear of losing a trade and closed both at 4 ticks. +8 ticks
Trade 3
This trade changed the day. Good idea, but bad execution. I can't short the resistance anymore since it has been broken and in a second test of it if i am to short it again it should be closer to the last higher high. I have moved my SL from 4 to 6 ticks but i got stopped out anyway. The price went 1 tick beyond my SL and then fell down waaaay beyond my 2 and 3 points profit. 2 points for 2 contracts and 3 points for 2 contracts. That was my trade of the day so i was so disappointed that i started to trade thoughtlessly, breaking every possible rule. -24 ticks
Trade 4
Rule number 11: DON'T TRADE IN NO MAN'S LAND WITHOUT A PLAN. I actually had a plan that i can't show (heatmap showed a lot of liquidity below the entry point) but it was a stupid plan and worked bad of course.. I managed to exit BE+1 but was surely a bad choice. +4 ticks
Trade 5
Out of my mind, broke RULE 11 again... DON'T TRADE IN NO MAN'S LAND WHITOUT A PLAN. Also added a couple more contracts. SO WEIRD. -16 ticks
Trade 6
NO COMMENT. I have bought a failure of a resistance BO. Anything else to be added? YEAH RULE NUMBER 13: IF YOU ARE ON A LOSING DAY, TRADE SMALL.
And of course i had 5 contracts instead of 2. -20 ticks

AGAIN::::THE RULES::::I HAVE TO FOLLOW::::LIKE A SUNFLOWER AND ITS... SUN

RULE 11: DON'T TRADE IN NO MAN'S LAND WHITOUT A PLAN
RULE 13: IF YOU ARE ON A LOSING DAY, TRADE SMALL.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 9, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts