NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Daily TPO homework for DAX and NQ

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one shrekchenbin with 616 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two gisot with 19 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rdaytrader with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 iq200 with 5 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one michaelleemoore with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two MiniP with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 shrekchenbin with 0.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gisot with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 65,392 views
    2. thumb_up 275 thanks given
    3. group 43 followers
    1. forum 674 posts
    2. attach_file 658 attachments

Search this Thread

Daily TPO homework for DAX and NQ

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 274

I was way too lazy this morning to write the morning game plan. It is not professional at all.

1. The Dollar index is still trading in the range waiting for a break out. The odds of upside break out is higher than a downside break out, hence we are going to make that as our base case. 95.70 has been tested this morning during Asian and strong reaction was found. So long as 95.70 holding, we are going to keep our bullish bias and look for buy setups in Dollar index.

2. The Euro is bearish that the attempt to trade back into last week's value range has been rejected. look below, there is a double bottom weak structure sitting not far below current level, which is saying that the low is very likely to be run out today.

3. Pound is also bearish that the path of least resistance is to the down side seeking toward the 127.2 expansion of the Monday down leg.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Today's bullishness is pretty much a continuation of the strong close yesterday.
This correction started since last Thursday is the biggest bearish move we had since July.
Both ES and YM has challenged the 5 day VWMA today, but failed to break it.
The most likely scenario coming forward is for the indices to take a breath and build a base around the 5 day VWMA to store energy for another leg higher.

From today's price action, we can see the bullish drive fizzled when ES traded into 2900 level suggesting a lack of energy to drive the price much higher. If ES could spend the remaining days of this week consolidating below 2900, we should be able to restore the energy to break to new high.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

DXY look above and fail.
This could start a new trend to the other direction.
Tomorrow's session would be critical for the intermediate term trend in Dollar and Euro.

shrekchenbin View Post
Today's bullishness is pretty much a continuation of the strong close yesterday.
This correction started since last Thursday is the biggest bearish move we had since July.
Both ES and YM has challenged the 5 day VWMA today, but failed to break it.
The most likely scenario coming forward is for the indices to take a breath and build a base around the 5 day VWMA to store energy for another leg higher.

From today's price action, we can see the bullish drive fizzled when ES traded into 2900 level suggesting a lack of energy to drive the price much higher. If ES could spend the remaining days of this week consolidating below 2900, we should be able to restore the energy to break to new high.

Thanked by:
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

With the massive "look below and fail" bottom reversal pattern in yesterday's European equities, we might see a bullish rotation to revert the short term trend to the bull side for a few days at least. Because the market has been too short in the last a couple of days and an inventory adjustment is needed. Yesterday's NY session bullish drive was a result of the short covering/squeeze.
Today I would like to see the European index to pullback to the low to retest 3280 area to suck in more weak shorts before ripping higher. As of now the book is too long as a result of the panic buying of the short term momentum seekers yesterday.
In order to trade the rotation, I suggest you trade FESX or CAC instead of DAX as DAX can easily run yesterday's low and stage a 100 point deep stop run in the current thin liquidity environment.

Thanked by:

gisot 
Milan, Italy

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, TWS
Trading: ES, Stocks
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 385
Thanks Received: 178

so far (!) dax seems to be giving up runing lowers stops well below yesterday's 11800 gross low level.

AND

in light of this morning action/chop and of the nearby overhead naked pocs of NQ

would you perhaps add any upgrade to your current morning prep. ?

Thx very much.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Guidoisot,

The FESX is still balanced with a slight bearish tilt.
It seems that the US equity indices are kicked out of the balance to the down side, but it could easily be a pre-market fake swing which set up by the market maker to buy at a lower price.

So far I don't see reason to turn outright bearish, but the outlook to the day type could be updated to range bounding neutral day instead of bullish rotational day.

guidoisot View Post
so far (!) dax seems to be giving up runing lowers stops well below yesterday's 11800 gross low level.

AND

in light of this morning action/chop and of the nearby overhead naked pocs of NQ

would you perhaps add any upgrade to your current morning prep. ?

Thx very much.

Thanked by:
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

ES sit at 2876 support. This level had multiple touches in the last few days.
If it were to break, then this consolidation range is confirmed as a re-distribution range.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

EuStoxx not that bearish, to be honest.
A big iceburg order appeared at 3280 level which I have mentioned this morning.
So long as this strong bid holding, I am going to maintain my non-bearish bias.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-10-10 (7).png
Views:	150
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	256971  
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Now we are below that held bid. Bias to the down side.

shrekchenbin View Post
EuStoxx not that bearish, to be honest.
A big iceburg order appeared at 3280 level which I have mentioned this morning.
So long as this strong bid holding, I am going to maintain my non-bearish bias.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Can't help thinking, it is so cool that we are having a rout of this scale today.
ES is trading in the vicinity of 2850 key round number.
It is the place that I am willing to buy in large quantities of ES.

Last Updated on March 29, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts