NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I need help with ... (ask any question)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 153 posts (94 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 88 posts (82 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Philip Hutchinson with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 9 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 104,957 views
    2. thumb_up 387 thanks given
    3. group 325 followers
    1. forum 587 posts
    2. attach_file 42 attachments

Search this Thread

I need help with ... (ask any question)

horacioofman 
Tortola British Virgin Islands

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader, TWS IB
Broker: Ninjatrader, IB
Trading: ES Futures
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 13

Adding Sounds to Tradovate Indicators

Hi,
Need help with JS code in Tradovate indicator.
I would like to get a way o add sound t simple indicators already existing in the Community Indicators. Specifically I would like to modify:
"Volume Spikes"
"Price Change / Delta"

The goal is to modify the indicators to play a sound (system beep, or even one of the tradovate sounds will be enough) whenever a condition is met:
- Bar Volume is higher than X
- Price Delta Elasticity higher than Y

My programming knowledge are quite limited and I am not able to do this on my own, The main idea is to explore the existing tradovate libraries, locate any exisiting sounds, and make use of them in custom indicators.
I intend to share this development with the community,

Please let me know if you are able to help/contribute in this project.
If you are a professional programmer and would like to get compensated for this code, please send a quote. If reasonable, I am willing to pay for professional help.

Thanks,

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
use extra computer for optimisation
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,526
Thanks Received: 26,292

FlyingRedbeet View Post
Hi all, I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot. It's also my first post. So bear with me or otherwise advise me )

Topic: How can I create data snippets for replay on NT8

Background: I come from volume profile and order flow (footprint) and want to dig in deeper by learning how to read the DOM. So I worked through the basic material from John Grady. Convinced me ) Then I got myself Jigsaw, which I'm runnung through the bridge connecting it to NT8. I also work my way through the Jigsaw educational material. Also convincing. I have tried myself on the first three drills - (1) just look at the DOM until you start to see something - (2) just go in and order to find the ebb and flow in the market - (3) try to get one tick out of the market. => Very frustrating. I always have to go back to (1) understanding that I have no clue ... I have hunches, but they are far from consistent.

First attempt on Solution: On the base of Peter Davies' video about setups (can't post a link yet ... "7 Most Effective Trading Setups by Peter Davies") I'm trying to focus on situations where there is something significant happening in the market, like breakout or reversal etc. as I find it even more frustrating when the market (against the advice of John Grady I'm watching the ES, as I don't unterstand Tresuries, and I don't want to trade something I don't understand) is doing seemingly nothing for a long time and just when I get myself a cup of tea, it did something significant ... . So I went through a 30min chart to see at which times some setup situations have been happening. (Yes I'm aware of intraday high and low activity times like LSE or NYSE open or luncht time in NY ...)

Problem: The market replay function in NT8 has a very crude interface. I can't really set a precise starting time (yes, try the goto function and you'll see, what I mean) and the replay slider is soooo crude ... oh my.

Help wanted: How can I create snippets (3 - 5 min) of data to watch over and over again, so I can focus on what I'm supposed to see, in the hope that someday I will ... I have however failed to do so in NT. I can download and edit tick data series, but I can't reimport them into NT as it refuses to import them by a new name. If I use the original name, the data just disappear in the general database. Goodby snippet in the vast sea of ticks.

I see basically two routes: Succeed with the data "thing", or just make screen recordings in order to watch the videos afterwards with a player that gives me precise control over the time and also framewise replay.

Ok. That is some serious amount of text. Thank you for bearing with me sofar.
Any hints? Maybe a third or other route? Maybe also comments on whether the approach makes sense at all?

Best regards, Hendrik

Hi Hendrik,

Sorry to be late getting back to you.

The way we use this "ask any question" thread is to find a place in the forum where a new post is likely to receive the most attention, and to copy the post there. This way, traders who are inexperienced in the forum will be able to get their question seen by people who have a similar interest.

Since your question is about NinjaTrader, I have created a new thread for it in the area set aside for NT, and copied your post there. You can find it by clicking on this rectangle, which contains the link:

You should expect any replies to follow your post in that thread. I've put a quick post there to start things off.

In the future, the best idea for a new post is to find the appropriate section ("subforum") in the forum covering your topic, or use the generic "Traders Hideout". You can look over the available subforums on the main page of the site, and then you can either add your post to an existing thread in the area you have found, or open a new thread there.

I hope you get some replies that you can put to use.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

horacioofman View Post
Adding Sounds to Tradovate Indicators

Hi,
Need help with JS code in Tradovate indicator.
I would like to get a way o add sound t simple indicators already existing in the Community Indicators. Specifically I would like to modify:
"Volume Spikes"
"Price Change / Delta"

The goal is to modify the indicators to play a sound (system beep, or even one of the tradovate sounds will be enough) whenever a condition is met:
- Bar Volume is higher than X
- Price Delta Elasticity higher than Y

My programming knowledge are quite limited and I am not able to do this on my own, The main idea is to explore the existing tradovate libraries, locate any exisiting sounds, and make use of them in custom indicators.
I intend to share this development with the community,

Please let me know if you are able to help/contribute in this project.
If you are a professional programmer and would like to get compensated for this code, please send a quote. If reasonable, I am willing to pay for professional help.

Thanks,

Hi @horacioofman,

Sorry to be late getting back to you.

The way we use this "ask any question" thread is to find a place in the forum where a new post is likely to receive the most attention, and to copy the post there. This way, traders who are inexperienced in the forum will be able to get their question seen by people who have a similar interest.

Since your question is about Tradovate, I have created a new thread for it in the area set aside for NT in "Platforms and Indicators", and copied your post there. You can find it by clicking on this rectangle, which contains the link:

You should expect any replies to follow your post in that thread. I've put a quick post there to start things off.

In the future, the best idea for a new post is to find the appropriate section ("subforum") in the forum covering your topic, or use the generic "Traders Hideout". You can look over the available subforums on the main page of the site, and then you can either add your post to an existing thread in the area you have found, or open a new thread there.

Bob.

Thanked by:
Tikitrades
tampa fl

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Just started working with Ninja, anybody know how to make the (X) closeout bigger? As seen in attachment. Its microscopic, i had to zoom in to get this pic. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-29 150628.png
Views:	24
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	336549  

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Tikitrades View Post
Just started working with Ninja, anybody know how to make the (X) closeout bigger? As seen in attachment. Its microscopic, i had to zoom in to get this pic. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi @Tikitrades,

Since your question is about NinjaTrader, I have created a new thread for it in the area set aside for NT in "Platforms and Indicators", and copied your post there. You can find it by clicking on this rectangle, which contains the link:

Bob.

Thanked by:
 johnbarrry 
South Africa

Experience: None
Platform: ninja
Trading: zn
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi Mike A rant. I find it amazing that if one takes the time to try and help with a question but one gets no thanks and you don't know what the outcome is. Regards

Thanked by:
 Arthurtrades 
Paris France

Platform: sd
Trading: sd
Thanks Given: 45
Thanks Received: 10

As I grow as a wannabe quant trader, I realize NT8 (what I'm currently using) is not optimal for system building, backtesting, and execution.

TradeStation seems to be a much better alternative all around.

However I'm on NT8 because I'm playing the prop firms game on futures and wish to get funded. I haven't yet found any firm that offers TradeStation as a platform for evaluation and trading the funds.

1- Is anyone aware of one or a few that do offer TradeStation as a platform?

2- And is anyone aware of future prop firms that allow overnight trading ?

Thank you in advance and have a great day.

Arthur

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Arthurtrades View Post
As I grow as a wannabe quant trader, I realize NT8 (what I'm currently using) is not optimal for system building, backtesting, and execution.

TradeStation seems to be a much better alternative all around.

However I'm on NT8 because I'm playing the prop firms game on futures and wish to get funded. I haven't yet found any firm that offers TradeStation as a platform for evaluation and trading the funds.

1- Is anyone aware of one or a few that do offer TradeStation as a platform?

2- And is anyone aware of future prop firms that allow overnight trading ?

Thank you in advance and have a great day.

Arthur

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Hi @Arthurtrades,

Since you've basically got two questions, both related to prop firms, I have created a new thread for it in the general-purpose "Traders Hideout" section and copied your post there. You can find it by clicking on this rectangle, which contains the link:

You should expect any replies to follow your post in that thread. I'll put a quick post there to start things off.

Bob.

Serc23
bilbao, spain

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Hello, someone has EMA color indicator for ninja trader 7? Thanks

Belly 
Nantes, France

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Daily
Thanks Given: 99
Thanks Received: 2

Hello everybody

i would like to know something please:
when i try to add an indicator from sim22, it says me in nt8 "some scripts will be executed automatically in your pc":
i ask myself if it is dangerous for nt8 or my pc ?
because last year, i had a sim22 indicator from ninjatrader ecosystem i think, i dont really remember, and the name not more, it was about macd, and nt8 could not work some days later, i had to reinstall nt8
so im wondering if sim22 indicators are safe or not
Of course, i dont know sim22 and i got nothing against him, it is just to be sure ^^
And i really appreciate the work he is doing: a lot of indicators that seem to be excellent for the community
thank you for your help
have a nice day

Last Updated on February 22, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts