NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one VirtualMark with 29 posts (23 thanks)
    2. looks_two ApexTraderFunding with 26 posts (25 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Baudo with 24 posts (65 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Howard Roark with 22 posts (76 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Merkd1904 with 7.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Howard Roark with 3.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Baudo with 2.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 123,495 views
    2. thumb_up 549 thanks given
    3. group 88 followers
    1. forum 323 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

VirtualMark
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 74

Darvish View Post
$170 for one month subscription?! Data feed from ninja trader is $12 a month, micro contracts are one dollar, get out of that playpen and just engage in the real market.

A bit of a short sighted reply. You cannot trade micros with $1, this comment shows that you know nothing about margin, so perhaps stop dishing out bad advice? And jumping straight into the live markets is a good way to lose your life savings in a few days if you're unprepared.

Prop firms offer a much lower cost entry into trading. They're an intermediate step between paper trading and live trading. Your losses are capped at the subscription costs.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
13 thanks
Trading with Intuition
12 thanks
EG Indicators
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,786
Thanks Received: 18,269

VirtualMark View Post
I think your post answers itself. They have no interest in funding profitable traders, they are only interested in making as much money as possible. On there site it literally says "no refunds for any reason whatsoever". Here in the UK that is literally against consumer law, but as they aren't based here I doubt there's much that can be done.

The averaging into trades one annoys me. It absolutely makes sense to get a better position if you're in a trading range. Why not buy again at the bottom if your first entry wasn't the best?

I don't think my post answers itself, and that's why I tagged them and asked them. Let's give them the opportunity to respond.

Darvish 
New York

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Years
Thanks Given: 93
Thanks Received: 47

VirtualMark View Post
A bit of a short sighted reply. You cannot trade micros with $1, this comment shows that you know nothing about margin, so perhaps stop dishing out bad advice? And jumping straight into the live markets is a good way to lose your life savings in a few days if you're unprepared.

Prop firms offer a much lower cost entry into trading. They're an intermediate step between paper trading and live trading. Your losses are capped at the subscription costs.

But...but...its fake! It's all false. Its all simulation, Isn't it?

Chaos at one level of magnification is harmony at a higher level of magnification.
VirtualMark

josh View Post
I don't think my post answers itself, and that's why I tagged them and asked them. Let's give them the opportunity to respond.

Why do you think they'll respond here? Have you tried asking them on their support page?

And by answering itself, I meant at the bottom where you list your concerns. You seem to have already drawn conclusions. Yes, their rules do appear to be intentionally vague, and seem to allow them to deny a payout for pretty much any reason.

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,786
Thanks Received: 18,269

VirtualMark View Post
Why do you think they'll respond here? Have you tried asking them on their support page?

And by answering itself, I meant at the bottom where you list your concerns. You seem to have already drawn conclusions. Yes, their rules do appear to be intentionally vague, and seem to allow them to deny a payout for pretty much any reason.

Those are concerns, not conclusions. I think a community visible forum like this is the perfect opportunity for a more detailed reply, versus a single email with a lot of questions to their support, which I would not expect to get answered.

The back-and-forth noise does not help. Please, give them an opportunity to respond.

VirtualMark

Darvish View Post
But...but...its fake! It's all false. Its all simulation, Isn't it?

Yeah it is simulation, but it's pretty much the same as live trading and they supposedly pay you based on your results. And if you can go from $0 to $10k in sim, making consistent profits each day, then I'd say you're ready for live.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't trust them, and need more information and proof of payouts for me to take the plunge. Way too many bad reviews on trustpilot, and when you check Apex's profile you will see they push to have negative reviews deleted, and also ban people who leave negative reviews. Not a trustworthy way to act in my opinion.

And in my experience, they are very cagey with their replies to any questions regarding their payout policy.

Darvish 
New York

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Years
Thanks Given: 93
Thanks Received: 47

VirtualMark View Post
Yeah it is simulation, but it's pretty much the same as live trading and they supposedly pay you based on your results. And if you can go from $0 to $10k in sim, making consistent profits each day, then I'd say you're ready for live.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't trust them, and need more information and proof of payouts for me to take the plunge. Way too many bad reviews on trustpilot, and when you check Apex's profile you will see they push to have negative reviews deleted, and also ban people who leave negative reviews. Not a trustworthy way to act in my opinion.

And in my experience, they are very cagey with their replies to any questions regarding their payout policy.

I just feel that people can trade on simulation for free with many free platforms instead of the perpetual merry-go-round of these firms, not to mention that trading is about alot of emotional management, and especially during the first few years. The unconscious and subconcious mind knows that you'll just get a new account if you blow up this one and therefore people fail to develop the emotional stamina to manage fear, hope, greed and the emotional associations.

There's more that I can say but, that's the gist of it.

Chaos at one level of magnification is harmony at a higher level of magnification.
VirtualMark

Darvish View Post
I just feel that people can trade on simulation for free with many free platforms instead of the perpetual merry-go-round of these firms, not to mention that trading is about alot of emotional management, and especially during the first few years. The unconscious and subconcious mind knows that you'll just get a new account if you blow up this one and therefore people fail to develop the emotional stamina to manage fear, hope, greed and the emotional associations.

There's more that I can say but, that's the gist of it.

Yeah that's a very good point. There's always that "I'll just buy another account" at the back of your mind.

What I don't like is the artificial rules. Daily loss limits, consistency nonsense, trailing drawdown etc. It's all designed with one goal in mind - to make you blow your account and give them more money.

If I had my own account and had a bad day I'd lose money. But with a prop firm, a bad day could mean losing the account. And a firm like Apex, you can lose the account without ever having a losing day, due to their trailing drawdown.

VirtualMark

josh View Post
Those are concerns, not conclusions. I think a community visible forum like this is the perfect opportunity for a more detailed reply, versus a single email with a lot of questions to their support, which I would not expect to get answered.

The back-and-forth noise does not help. Please, give them an opportunity to respond.

Back and forth noise? It's called a discussion. If you don't like it, why are you here?

VirtualMark

esmini View Post
In my professional demeanor, I embody humility and a reserved nature, while also valuing empirical evidence. The first attachment is from Rtrader. Clearly, you can see that I was trading a mini contract not micro, the second is a direct reply from Mr. Martin, "implying" that flipping is also a time based mechanism, odd isn't it? So you can be in a trade that you don't like, like I was, it paused. I got out. I was denied for flipping. Maybe I just won too many times? Its bad business.

But what were your other days like? Did you have a huge winning day, then a series of tiny days?

Last Updated on May 2, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts