NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

How bad is NT lag?

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one shortski with 17 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two chipwitch with 16 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 phantomtrader with 7 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 iq200 with 3 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two glennts with 4.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Miesto with 4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 chipwitch with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 32,813 views
    2. thumb_up 142 thanks given
    3. group 745 followers
    1. forum 137 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Search this Thread

How bad is NT lag?

momentom 
London, United Kingdom

Experience: Advanced
Platform: multicharts
Trading: DAX
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 5

FHD is 1080. I'm running a ryzan 9 with 32Gb RAM and only use 20% of both cpu and RAM. Its the 4K that was an issue for me. I run a lot of order flow indicators but without tick replay ticked so no historical data when I first load ninja. I open charts the night before and dont refresh them. ninja doesnt support 4k.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

shortski 
Calgary, AB, Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts & NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire
Trading: ES CL TF 6E
Thanks Given: 101
Thanks Received: 80

That is exactly the same as my system right now. I saw a deal on the 4K monitors and thought 'great idea'. Then found out Ninja didn't support them. Also a Ryzen 9. So THAT is my exact issue. What changed for me and not you?

Orignal 
Carignan, QC

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

Not sure Ninja issue...
I have 2x 4 K monitor, and works very well.
Intel i7-9700, W11, AMD RX5600xt

shortski View Post
That is exactly the same as my system right now. I saw a deal on the 4K monitors and thought 'great idea'. Then found out Ninja didn't support them. Also a Ryzen 9. So THAT is my exact issue. What changed for me and not you?

Miesto 
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 801
Thanks Received: 1,194

I am using 4K monitors with NT since 2015. Now I am using four 4K (AOC U3277PWQU) monitors with no problem at all.

I've had the problems with lagging described in this thread and have already commented on it in this thread, in my journal and in other threads.

shortski View Post

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 momentom 
London, United Kingdom

Platform: multicharts
Trading: DAX
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 5

shortski View Post

Only thing I can think of is the refresh rate of the monitor if what we have is really a latency because of the display.

datahogg 
Knoxville Tennessee USA

Platform: TOS
Trading: ES, NQ, CL, /6E futures options.
Thanks Given: 135
Thanks Received: 154

shortski View Post
As a follow up, I have been studying Footprint charts for quite some time and this is basically the 'indicator' for me that something is not right with the data. Until 2 months ago, my Footprint charts (set to Bid/Ask) would print with price executions on both sides of the bar. Logical. Since whatever changed with the data, they only print all Reds on one side or all Blues on the other. Sometimes all I get are zeros on both sides. Clearly this is impossible to have 0 trades for 5 minutes or whatever on the ES. Makes no diff if I trade with a real account or SIM, the charts/info I am getting is 'off'.

I also use the foot-print chart included with NT8 (Volumetric chart). I noticed this week on a small sell off all 0 elements for both sides of the bar. Doesn't seem logical.
What does "strength sensitivity" control on the Volumetric Chart?

shortski 
Calgary, AB, Canada

Thanks for the inputs guys. I am in a bit of a rush right now but will look at things later. What jumps out at me is the many different opportunities there are for latency in the system. Since mine started about 2 months ago, now I am thinking to roll back a driver update. But lots to look at.

I'll keep you posted.

Again, thanks much for the ideas.

Shortski

shortski 
Calgary, AB, Canada

Done quite a few things today including downloading/installing the NVidiaPrifileInspectorDmW and watched a video on it for quite a few adjustments.
Then I went on a bit of a quest to change the Resize-Bar in the BIOS. Again it was more than a few steps and tests to make sure I got it right but all seems good/better now.

Had to make sure BIOS was updated, the GPU was Updated, and then there was the different names in different settings to work around.

So the good news/bad news is that I can load a Footprint chart now with Tick Replay selected in about 10 seconds whereas for the past few months, I couldn't get one to load at all. So am thinking that when the market is open and Tick Replay isn't selected that things 'should' run smoother.

But for some reason, the fans are screaming a bit at me now whereas before this, I couldn't ever hear them so ... we'll see.

Again, many thanks all
I'll let you how it goes.

Thanked by:
 shortski 
Calgary, AB, Canada

Nope. That was a lot of work to see same result on the Footprint charts. I am getting all zeros on one side of the bars and buying or selling numbers on the other but no mix on the open.

LaissezFaire
Oslo + Norway

Thanks Given: 224
Thanks Received: 104

Man!

All this head scratching and expensive hardware trying to get this software to run smoothly.

It's a hard decision for me personally, but I'm considering finally moving on from Ninjatrader. I have a lifetime license and multiple custom indicators, but with some lagging issues lately, seeing how poor NT is to implement customer requests AND also very importantly the lack of an electronic portal to track account activity/performance, I'm think it might be time to move on...

Thanked by:

Last Updated on October 23, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts