NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

APEX 300K+: The Journey

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mewddsltd with 167 posts (315 thanks)
    2. looks_two injpowwetrust with 163 posts (369 thanks)
    3. looks_3 DowDaddy with 17 posts (19 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OttoBlink with 11 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one injpowwetrust with 2.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mewddsltd with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 OttoBlink with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 DowDaddy with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 50,288 views
    2. thumb_up 858 thanks given
    3. group 940 followers
    1. forum 430 posts
    2. attach_file 364 attachments

Search this Thread

APEX 300K+: The Journey

DowDaddy 
Las Vegas

Experience: Master
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: Dow Futures
Thanks Given: 748
Thanks Received: 391

id love the spreadsheet

mewddsltd View Post
I used @bwolf spreadsheet idea to create a similar one .. user input is in the light blue cells but all of the other calculations are calculated and protected .. send me a DM if you would like a copy of the MSExcel file ..

nexusfi.com

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 338

Nasdaq1517 View Post
id love the spreadsheet

@Nasdaq1517 .. Please send a DM to me and will send it to you ..

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,221
Thanks Received: 414

04.24.2023 - [Day 26/100] - PASS : [Day 2] - 5 accounts - +$400 : [Day 1/20] - PASS

I traded well today. I did move my s/l right when I got into the trade (moved to ema line). I was committed to taking on one trade and regardless of its outcome be done for the day. I was able to sit on my hands today and let a few "okay" setups pass by. These were the trades I think I would of taken last week. I was able to keep my cool, by focusing on the my "optimal" setup. Win or loss, I was going to be done for the day after that trade. I'm happy I was able to follow through, I was very tempted to take another trade going short after the pullback had stopped me out of my original position. I also considered trading on sim, but I felt I must stick with the game plan. I need to stay true it, to prove to myself through my trading stats.

Hope ya'll got some green today!

04.24.2023_chart

I was going for 1:2 trade, 9 S/L : 18 tick TP. Since, I moved the s/l in the beginning, I guess it was around more 1:1. I did decide to take some off right at +16-18 ticks. I left the other half thinking it would drop down to 4135 (white box). Unfortunately, it there was a pullback past my B/E before it flushed down.

Stay safe, stay green friends!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

GOOD JOB today ..

my charts are usually RENKO[5] but changed to RENKO[9] to compare to your charts .. the fast MA is HMA(Close,21) vs HMA(Open,21) and SMA(200) ..

the buyers/sellers indicator is convergence/divergence of (fast) smoothed ADL vs (slow) smoothed ADL .. my adaptation of OBVM indicator

NORMAN HALLETT participated in webinar .. he suggested a good strategy would have several scalping opportunities for each long-term trend opportunity .. I tend to treat all opportunities as scalping

ES 06-23 (5 BetterRenko) _ ES 06-23 (18 BetterRenko) 2023_04_24 (9_19_37 AM)

Thanked by:
 injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

mewddsltd View Post
GOOD JOB today ..

my charts are usually RENKO[5] but changed to RENKO[9] to compare to your charts .. the fast MA is HMA(Close,21) vs HMA(Open,21) and SMA(200) ..

the buyers/sellers indicator is convergence/divergence of (fast) smoothed ADL vs (slow) smoothed ADL .. my adaptation of OBVM indicator

NORMAN HALLETT participated in webinar .. he suggested a good strategy would have several scalping opportunities for each long-term trend opportunity .. I tend to treat all opportunities as scalping

ES 06-23 (5 BetterRenko) _ ES 06-23 (18 BetterRenko) 2023_04_24 (9_19_37 AM)

I switch from 12 to 9 renko bars. I use that number relating to my max s/l tick. I'm a visual person, it helps me make decision faster. Great trade, I was still getting up! I would of taken that trade off the bounce going long as well! HMA as in hull? Oh interesting, ill take look into ADL sometime. I agree with Norman, that's a great way to think about it. I also reach to that same conclusion recently. I've been on the fence about betterRenko, how has your experience been since using it?

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@injpowwetrust

.. you can find a nt8 indicator on the ninjatrader ecosystem website that will color the plot of the moving averages AND add arrows and alerts .. the indicator is .. search for >> ColorThePlot .. just use the moving average of your choice as the input .. set the parameters as you desire .. and you should be all set .. this would be similar to what I programmed into my indicators ..

or this indicator which will give you the opportunity to compare different moving averages .. and other parameters .. search for >> New Version Using Multiple Moving Average to find the region

using the concepts of these two indicators resulted in my HMA[21] indicator

the values for most of my indicators are Fibonacci numbers .. not 100% sure but heard somewhere that a majority of big traders use Fibonaccinumbers
.. so my charts tend to be 5 // 8 // 18
.. periods for moving averages and other indicators tend to be 3 // 5 // 8 // 13 // 21 // 34 // 55

ColorThePlot

DrawRegionwithMultipleMovingAverage

Thanked by:
anuproy
Houston,Texas,USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

HI I have been watching you and think I have very similar flaws. I m at apex 243 EA account. I have blown multiple PA accounts too .. about 11 times. i use copy trading hence my numbers are astronomically high.

I m not associated or affiliated with any of the proper firms but I have tried almost everything under the sun.
I have come down to one system - apex's sister company's Sniper BootCamp. Look that up. Its system will not allow you to blow your account. I still blow it because I get bored n frustrated and put large positions to get quick profits - n then screw myself up. I don't follow the apex sniper system 100% and this is also another issue as I put trades from my intuition of reading charts.

Currently, I m on DAY 1 - with 2700$ profit on all 5 50k EA accounts. Target is 3k so I m only 300 $ away with almost the full month left. I really really think I don't blow it.. I blew 15 accounts today self.

Your way of putting up things here is a good way to make on self-accountable. I think I shall start it too.

Thanked by:
 injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

@anuproy Thanks for posting! I know exactly how you feel. I have heard of the sniper bootcamp system. I didn't look into it that much, but I'm glad that you are able to find profits. At this point of my trading, I truly believe making profit is the easiest part of trading. Any system can make money. The hard part is dealing with everything else, the bs that an unprofitable trader deals with. These demons prevent us from all becoming the trader we all want to be.

I'm glad you are day 1 with 2700$ on your 50k. But seriously, don't let your emotions take control of how you trade. You still need to trade for 6 more days, so trade small contract sizes. I would suggest doing one trade a day and let it be (what I'm currently doing). You will pass the eval within the month, don't rush it. I've blown up +$3k accounts just by doing dumb stuff. You took the risk to go aggressive. Let it work for you, trade smart, be in control. The end goal is to make money, not do another round of resets! haha message is probably for both of us!

I'm trying to complete my next eval in 7-10 days. I'm going aggressive with 40 /mes. I do plan to scale back down once I reach around where you are at, and ride it out till I pass with 1-3 /mes contracts trading only once a day.

I think you should post a journal. It is an outlet. I'll be following your journal closely, best of luck tomorrow!
SERSIOUSY! You are only 300$ away! Don't let your emotions take control!

anuproy View Post
HI I have been watching you and think I have very similar flaws. I m at apex 243 EA account. I have blown multiple PA accounts too .. about 11 times. i use copy trading hence my numbers are astronomically high.

I m not associated or affiliated with any of the proper firms but I have tried almost everything under the sun.
I have come down to one system - apex's sister company's Sniper BootCamp. Look that up. Its system will not allow you to blow your account. I still blow it because I get bored n frustrated and put large positions to get quick profits - n then screw myself up. I don't follow the apex sniper system 100% and this is also another issue as I put trades from my intuition of reading charts.

Currently, I m on DAY 1 - with 2700$ profit on all 5 50k EA accounts. Target is 3k so I m only 300 $ away with almost the full month left. I really really think I don't blow it.. I blew 15 accounts today self.

Your way of putting up things here is a good way to make on self-accountable. I think I shall start it too.

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

@mewddsltd thank you! I will look into this over the weekend!

I've played around with fib and fib numbers. Oh without a doubt, big traders use fib numbers. I also see them line up perfectly on the charts every once in a while.

I did trade for a bit on 3min chart. I like the 21/60/200 moving average.

mewddsltd View Post
@injpowwetrust

.. you can find a nt8 indicator on the ninjatrader ecosystem website that will color the plot of the moving averages AND add arrows and alerts .. the indicator is .. search for >> ColorThePlot .. just use the moving average of your choice as the input .. set the parameters as you desire .. and you should be all set .. this would be similar to what I programmed into my indicators ..

or this indicator which will give you the opportunity to compare different moving averages .. and other parameters .. search for >> New Version Using Multiple Moving Average to find the region

using the concepts of these two indicators resulted i HMA[21] indicator

the values for most of my indicators are Fibonacci numbers .. not 100% sure but heard somewhere that a majority of big traders use Fibonaccinumbers
.. so my charts tend to be 5 // 8 // 18
.. periods for moving averages and other indicators tend to be 3 // 5 // 8 // 13 // 21 // 34 // 55

ColorThePlot

DrawRegionwithMultipleMovingAverage

DowDaddy 
Las Vegas

Experience: Master
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: Dow Futures
Thanks Given: 748
Thanks Received: 391

You are currently funded with APEX?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 25, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts