NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Murrey Math

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 36 posts (150 thanks)
    2. looks_two Zambi with 15 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobc with 10 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lmess with 10 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 4.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Prtester with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 eDanny with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobc with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 225,548 views
    2. thumb_up 219 thanks given
    3. group 91 followers
    1. forum 253 posts
    2. attach_file 73 attachments

Search this Thread

Murrey Math

Todd 
Alpharetta, GA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Broker: Mirus / Zenfire
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 40

Mike,

I just started a new thread in programmers paradise asking a question about the murray math indicator. I probably should have just added my question/chart to this thread.

Can you look at that thread? The murray math indicator doesn't seem to be updating hourly.

Todd

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

LordAlfa 
Scarborough, Ontario

Platform: NinjaTrader, MetaTrader
Broker: Mirus/Zenfire
Trading: CL, EURUSD, 6E
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 49

MM with the 610T chart.

See how it lines up with the Fib extensions.

100% 127.2%

Rules for drawing fib extensions is that a minimum 50% retrace is a requirement.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6E 09-09  7_14_2009 (610 Tick)-2.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	724  
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 KJAVED 
Toronto Canada

Platform: ninja Trader, Ensign,Market Delta
Broker: AMP,Global Futures
Trading: Eminis
Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Received: 83

You are on write path, Always when price moves and makes extension of previous swing then it find support or resistance in between levels 112.5 and 127.2%. Most of time price Bounce back from this level. You are providing good help for traders community on this forum.

Trader Ted
NSW Ausralia

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Big Mike View Post
Here is a 60 minute ZN 09-09 chart showing 6/12 to 6/16.

Attachment 269

I've colored my chart the same way as the above graphics are illustrated to try and make it easier.

There are a lot of lines on this chart, but that is because I widened the view to show you more of the MML's. In a normal view you would see less lines because price is so far away from those lines they don't need to be on the chart.

I don't normally have a 60 minute chart up. However, I was noticing that by stepping back and looking at MML from this perspective, there was a lot more correlation with price against the MML's than say there was on my 6765 volume chart, which is normally my biggest chart for trading the ZN.

I was happy with the correlation of price and MML at this time frame. The MML's did a good job at each pivot/reversal, with the exception of the last move which is not seen on this chart. The penetration of the 6/8 line (magenta) should have not reversed until the 8/8 line (blue). Instead, it reversed at 7/8 (yellow). Now, if you advanced the chart a few more hours (off the screen shot), you will see price did move up to 8/8 like it was supposed to.

Clearly, trading solely based on MML is not an option. More researched is needed.

Mike

Hi Mike,
I’m not very computer literate as I only use the computer for trading and after stumbling across the ”Murrey Math Line” method I did some further research and came across your site and I thank you for making something I thought was beyond me sound simple. However I am unsure of one question can use the indicators on the MT4 platform together with the MACD & moving averages.
Kindest regards & thank you,
Ted

LordAlfa 
Scarborough, Ontario

KJAVED View Post
You are on write path, Always when price moves and makes extension of previous swing then it find support or resistance in between levels 112.5 and 127.2%. Most of time price Bounce back from this level. You are providing good help for traders community on this forum.

I am still studying 6E. I got sick of ES. Bots really messing up the market.

Checking out the range bars.

This is how would the fibs work. I tried range 5 bars. It is a mess. Very difficult to read. Range 10 seems to work well and you can see the trend but 10 tick range can make you miss the market and the stop loss might not be ideal. Anyway MM works on range charts too.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6E 09-09  7_13_2009 (10 Range)-3.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	758  

LordAlfa 
Scarborough, Ontario

6E and the 610T with MML

See how it lines up.

6E is very different from ES or NQ.

The ABC pattern can appear in the middle of a trend.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6E 09-09  7_15_2009 (610 Tick)-7.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	770  
Trader Ted
NSW Ausralia

Big Mike View Post
We need a discussion on Murrey Math and implementing it into your trading.

I know many of you had not heard of Murrey Math Lines (MML) prior to reading my blog or this forum. I must also admit I only recently discovered it, so we will all learn together!

First, let me give a shout out to ns_karthik over on forexfactory:
Trading using Murray Maths and [AUTOLINK]Price Action[/AUTOLINK] @ Forex Factory

It was his posts that got me interested in learning more about MML, and as soon as I started playing with it I was immediately hooked.

From my blog you probably know I am not a fan of pivot points or fibonacci numbers, simply because I think there are too many of them and they end up covering your entire chart. You can find a reason to trade/not trade every few ticks it seems. I know that many traders are extremely successful using these methods, and that goes to my next point.

Successful trading is all about confidence. If you have confidence in pivot points and fib retracements, then you can make them work. If you have confidence in Murrey Math Lines, you can make them work. I believe this is mostly true of any system. It's when your confidence starts to falter, for instance due to holes in the method, that trouble arises.

So, let's get back on topic and discuss Murrey Math Lines!

You can download the MML indicator for NinjaTrader in our File Sharing/Downloads section:
Downloads - Indicators - Murrey Math Lines - [AUTOLINK]Big Mike Trading[/AUTOLINK] Forum

Attached to this post you'll also find a RAR archive with a PowerPoint presentation and a Word doc with a lot of very useful information for trading MML's.

I'll update this thread more soon...

Mike

Hi Mike,
HELP!!!
What have I done wrong? I downloaded some indicators on the MML’s yesterday and finished up with 55 different indicators on my charts relating to this system.
All I would like is the S& R lines + the 4-hour overlay and anything else you think might be helpful. However bear in mind you have a complete novice on computers as I only use mine for trading.
Kind regards,
Ted

Blaiserboy
Toronto

Thanks Given: 6

Starting to reverse at 6/8 line

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	daveM - snagz -00002.png
Views:	534
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1000  
Blaiserboy
Toronto

Thanks Given: 6

These are the indicators used by Karthik, on another post I will add more

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: indicators.zip
 ckait 
carp AC

Platform: ninja
Broker: amp
Trading: es
Thanks Received: 11

Hello Big Mike and all im new to the site. Im looking at MML"s for possible reload point on trades on an intraday basis. I mainly trade ES And ZN . Im a hard core Market profiler for the bigger picture structure and and use that for my entries into the trend or to fade a range at times. Im lacking reload points or ways to get in in the mid day range stuff if I miss my morning entry or just screw it up. MM looks like a good match. Im extremely comfotable using a 3 min chart is there a problem with that time frame with reguards to MM? Also I tried to run the info off the site but it wont run any suggestions? Look forward to participating in the future.

Last Updated on June 21, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts