NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,250,541 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,320 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

gmorgens 
Oslo, Norway

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NT, CQG
Trading: GC
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 8

Hi vont -

The chart layouts are intended for ease of readability. For example, I find a black background to be easiest to look at.
They are as simple as possible while giving me the information I want to have. The cum. delta adxvma is used twice - both as a line in the cum. delta pane and as blocks in a separate pane above - this for extra clarity.
Gomi's Delta Volume is laid over Volume UpDown to clearly display bar delta divergences.

The Gomi OrderFlowPro ladder to the right is an extra chart I am trying out.

I mark the charts up as the day progresses both to keep track of what's happening and for logging purposes.

I use the indicators conservatively to scalp with a 5 tick target/stop, entry at close of bar. The potential is greater but this is a money management matter too.

These current charts and my trading approach developed over time. Began with market profile, then cum. delta, then volume ladder delta.

Here are two discussions I have found helpful.
Volume Ladder for NT (Gomi):

Cumulative Delta Volume Trading:

Good luck!
George

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

tntdollars 
Chicago, Illinois

Platform: Interactive Brokers
Trading: ES, CL, GC, YM, EUR, JPY, NQ,
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 4

Hello Everyone.
I am an apprentice trader looking to learn from you all. I'm delighted to join this community of active traders and I am looking forward to read you all.
I have worked as an analyst for an option analysis firm in Chicago and also traded futures (ES, NQ, CL). I made some money but started losing because I over traded and used some outdated indicators. I then stopped trading because I am conscious of the fact that I need to educate myself more to become consistently profitable.
I can literally compare my experience in trading to someone speeding on a high altitude road in a foggy weather. Without proper knowledge of the road and adequate safety measures, an accident is inevitable.
I currently work in business intelligence but looking to venture into data science and artificial intelligence.
As I mentioned earlier, I am looking forward to learn from all of you and really applaud you all for your hard work and your passion of the financial markets.
Thank you BIG mike for this wonderful forum.
Thank you All

WISCONSINPAT
sheboygan, wi usa

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Trader from wisconsin--retired trade futures looking to find an excellent trade room and some reliable chart indicators--Getting better at trading but I want to excel!

JoseVI 
Detroit, Michigan

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Emini ES, YM, CL
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

roonius View Post
Glad to join, Mike

Thanks Mike
My Name Is Jose
I appreciate being allowed as a new member in this community
I've been on simulation mode trading in my majority YM emini for about 3 years
So I will try to participate as much as possible and learn from all of you
Again
Thank you
will be talking soon
Jose Villarreal

HinduMVP
Canada

Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Received: 6

Hey I'm Tony,

I day trade Crude Oil and live in Toronto. Love this forum. Thanks Mike for creating this.

JTT8 
Toronto, Canada

Platform: NinjaTrader, IB
Trading: ES, NQ, CL
Thanks Received: 7

gmorgens View Post
Firstly, thanks to Big Mike for running the forum. I have learned a tremendous amount reading the discussions and the shared indicators are invaluable.

My primary tool of interest is delta, both cumulative and in the volume ladder. Market proflle and ADXVMA provide context.
Instrument - GC, which can have decent movement in the morning and early afternoon European time.

Approach:
1) Identify areas of held inventory that may function as S/R levels, such as held or previously broken swing levels on cumulative delta. I am currently also looking at the S/R levels on Gomi's OrderFlowPro.
2) Evaluate probability of S/R holding in relation to context, such as:
- current state of momentum as seen in ADXVMA of price and cumulative delta
- proximity to opposing S/R levels
- amount of volatility / size of daily range
- price movement in relation to daily VAH, VAL and POC. Is the market profile balanced, expanding or extending?
3) Look for signs of S/R holding - absorption, delta divergence on 5 range bar, "traps" where the largest postive delta imbalance is at the top half of bar (at resistance) or negative delta at bottom of bar (support).

I may also consider continuation entries if price has a strong directional bias, looking for bar delta divergences on what appear to be smaller pullbacks. On the price chart, the first bar divergence or trap that occurs when the 5 ADXVMA crosses the 10 is interesting too, especially when in the same direction as the cumulative delta ADXVMA. This usually happens several times a day on GC.

I am always looking for better ways to identify S/R and traps. I have found that delta imbalance is easily readable on the Volume Ladder Metro Edition showing only the combined delta for each price (see attached pics), but am looking to see if bid/ask imbalance in Gomi's OrderFlowPro can provide additional useful information.

Special thanks to Silvester17, DionysusToast and Zondor for their contributions to the discussions; to Devdas for the Volume Ladder Metro and Sharky for the ADXVMA, and especially to Gomi, whose indicators provide the backbone for the charts.

Here are some examples of the main charts I look at. Indicators are specified.
The notations on certain bars are for my own logging purposes - the most important ones being "triangle" for delta divergence on bar and "circle" for trap.
Most of the bar divergences/traps were good for at least 5 ticks today.

Best regards to all,
George

Thanks for this. I've been lurking the forum for the past few months soaking in as much info as I could. Thinking about joining the Elite membership to soak in more info

JTT8 
Toronto, Canada

Platform: NinjaTrader, IB
Trading: ES, NQ, CL
Thanks Received: 7

tsfkingsport View Post
I am a 26 year old man living in Tennessee who is trying to learn all he can about trading the S&P 500 Emini and get a funded account through TopStep Trader. I currently work nights in a prison which isn't fun but it does allow me to read all I can at night, as long as it is a physical book or on a website that is not blocked by the online filter at work. The job provides steady pay and benefits while I attempt to gain the skills to do something else with my life. It also means I can trade the morning/early afternoon before leaving for work at 2:30 PM.

I am excited to be a part of this community.

Books to read:
Mastering the Trade - John Carter
Futures Market - Jack Schwager
Trading In The Zone - Mark Douglas
TastyTrade FREE learning videos

tsfkingsport 
Knoxville, TN USA

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

JTT8 View Post
Books to read:
Mastering the Trade - John Carter
Futures Market - Jack Schwager
Trading In The Zone - Mark Douglas
TastyTrade FREE learning videos

I've listened to Trading in the Zone on Audiobook and it was a great use of an Audible credit. I have not read Mastering the Trade or Jack Schwager's guide to futures markets so thanks for the advice.

Thanked by:

LittleFinger 
Denver Colorado/USA

Platform: SierraChart
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 132
Thanks Received: 145

Hello, I am new here and this is my first post. I thought I'd give this site a try as a place to generate ideas and get feedback on what I'm doing from those who are more experienced.

I have been trading forex and futures off and on for 10 years. I've been kinda lazy and don't feel that I've put the time into educating myself that I should have by now. So, I'm trying to change that and step up my trade game.

This year I have been trading only futures and using a fundamental/technical hybrid kind of approach. I have been focusing a lot on central bank and government behavior as catalysts to market moves and watching the correlations between equities, commodities, and currencies. I also believe we are in a major equities bubble and that the fed has set us up for a dramatic crash that may occur within a couple years. This has weighed heavily on my mind and has certainly influenced my trading. It has been a struggle and I've been losing money all year. I think I'm coming to the conclusion that I have introduced too many variables into my decision making and it has become impossible to know if what I'm doing has any statistical significance relative to price movement or not.

With that said, I am now attempting to create some automated strategies using SierraChart. I'm going to stop reading news and watching the charts in real time and only focus on backtesting my ideas. I'm learning the SierraChart spreadsheet system now and will move on to their C++ based ACSIL when I feel ready.

From listening to some interviews with various quants it seems like most of them focus on reversion to mean and trending strategies. My current idea is to create an automated strat that can flip between rtm rules and trending rules as certain conditions are triggered. I'm not sure the best way to do this right now using the SC spreadsheet system, so if anyone smart has any suggestions on this please let me know. I'm thinking I may need 2 strategies running simultaneously, but that they should turn on and off as appropriate. Maybe manually turning on one or the other as market conditions change is the answer.

Anyways, say hi if you're bored

vont 
Bangkok

Tradersonflow View Post
Hello,

Been trading for a few years =] Mainly crude.
Let's team up if you want.

Royce

Let's pm to start,

shall we?

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts