NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Bear Down! Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Dabears2322 with 100 posts (80 thanks)
    2. looks_two Comeback King with 12 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 mastercraft29 with 4 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 GruttePier with 2 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one mastercraft29 with 3.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two GruttePier with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Comeback King with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Dabears2322 with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 18,806 views
    2. thumb_up 128 thanks given
    3. group 12 followers
    1. forum 127 posts
    2. attach_file 64 attachments

Search this Thread

Bear Down! Trading Journal

Dabears2322 
Chicago, Illinois

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ThinkorSwim
Trading: ES, CL, GC, ZB, YM, NQ
Thanks Given: 63
Thanks Received: 125

Got a few trades off this morning on cl and es

Long ES @ 48.25, still in it
Filled @ 52 +3.75 points, +15

Long CL 47.85, 47.76, stopped/reversed @ 73. -15
Cover 2 @ 69 +8

Long CL @ 70, 64, 61
Cover 2 @ 70, 1 @ 73. +18

+11 cl, +15 ES on the day 11 AM

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Can I use Ehlers Periodogram as the lookback for another …
NinjaTrader
static margin on the right side of a chart
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Footprint for strategy Builder
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
16 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
14 thanks
Trading with Intuition
11 thanks
Joes Trading Garage
9 thanks
Discipline isnt about fortitude. Its about conviction!
8 thanks

Dabears2322 
Chicago, Illinois

Took a few trades today. Had a short bias which didn't turn out. I need to develop more scenarios and play off of them as the day plays off rather than have 1 solid bias like ft71. On trend days like this it kills to be wrong! Will have a better writeup tonight.

DjRonin
La Serena - Chile

Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 92

Dabears2322 View Post
On trend days like this it kills to be wrong! Will have a better writeup tonight.

HOW TRUE my friend.

Thanked by:

Dabears2322 
Chicago, Illinois

Been very busy. Was able to get in front of the computer a little today. Noticed a few things:

Breakout of ES lagged behind the initial breakout of CL by 4 minutes
Think I have decided on using RTH for ES and ETH for CL for vwaps and pivots but still looking for advice on this. Should I look at both on the same screen or would that be too cluttered? Does it ultimately even matter which I am looking at?

Also interested in doing a backtest on how price reacts during the opening 15 min on ES. Seems to Always reverse at round 9:35-37

Took a trade while leaving the room on ES. Short at 58.75 on tick divergence and probability of a reversal to close the day close to monthly pp
Covered @ 53.5. +5.25, 21 ticks

Dabears2322 
Chicago, Illinois

Had an hour today to get some trades off.

Short @ 53, didnt like it, covered +.5, +2 ticks

Long @ 53 above ORH and below A_Up. Got out just before the oil announcment, +1.25, +5

Long 54.75 after breakout due to oil above A_Up. +1, 4 ticks. Should've held longer but had to leave the room.

Dabears2322 
Chicago, Illinois

+5 ticks on CL from 49.97 to 50.02

+6 ticks ES off the opening reversal at 9:35. Was at bottom of OR so went long and caught a move

+4 ticks ES long scalp through VWAP

Long again at YPOC expecting a test of YHI. Got out at a_up line +1.5, +6 ticks

Tight range on the opening 30

Quick 5 second 3 tick scalp off 3sd and YHI. +.75, +3 ticks
-quick high prob trade, but seems to work better in cl for picking bottoms and tops

Have to go. +19 ticks ES, +5 CL, +24 total in opening 30 minutes. Expecting an A_up day now and would look to be long if I stayed at the screen.

Got another 3 ticks on the way out expecting price to hit ONH. +3 ticks
+27 total

Got another trade. Went short on pretty bug tick divergence and cl hitting a triple top with little buyer strength.
+9 ticks

Done for the day. +36 ticks, 31 ES, 5 Cl
$450

Dabears2322 
Chicago, Illinois

A_Down trend day. CL preceded ES by about 10 minutes

Dabears2322 
Chicago, Illinois

Been awhile! Crazy busy, and will continue to be until the end of next week! Quick reflection:

It's crazy and awesome to see the progression of my trading just over the past few months thanks to you guys and the guys back at the firm I interned for. I started off just using novice indicators like RSI and Stoch, and thought I had hit the jackpot! It must be that easy, right? Learned quickly that it is not. Then I progressed for about a year into pattern reading and spotting certain candles. I thought this would for sure be the way, and while it was a good step and info that I still kind of use today, it was not what I thought it was. Then I learned about this site and quickly saw that many of the things I had learned before were mostly unreliable and veteran traders actually use the fact that novice traders look at patterns and take advantage of them! That was eye opening, so I started reading through any thread I could find and have gotten to the point where I am. I am finally getting confident in my trading and that my positions will mostly be correct, even if price goes against me. Anyway, long story short, this shows that there never is a real end to this process. There are always things to learn. Now, once you reach a certain point of profitability there aren't nearly as many things, but the point still applies.

DjRonin
La Serena - Chile

Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 92

Dabears2322 View Post
Been awhile! Crazy busy, and will continue to be until the end of next week! Quick reflection:

It's crazy and awesome to see the progression of my trading just over the past few months thanks to you guys and the guys back at the firm I interned for. I started off just using novice indicators like RSI and Stoch, and thought I had hit the jackpot! It must be that easy, right? Learned quickly that it is not. Then I progressed for about a year into pattern reading and spotting certain candles. I thought this would for sure be the way, and while it was a good step and info that I still kind of use today, it was not what I thought it was. Then I learned about this site and quickly saw that many of the things I had learned before were mostly unreliable and veteran traders actually use the fact that novice traders look at patterns and take advantage of them! That was eye opening, so I started reading through any thread I could find and have gotten to the point where I am. I am finally getting confident in my trading and that my positions will mostly be correct, even if price goes against me. Anyway, long story short, this shows that there never is a real end to this process. There are always things to learn. Now, once you reach a certain point of profitability there aren't nearly as many things, but the point still applies.

NIce piece of story mate. Glad you are taking your trading to a good level. It is always amazing to read such things form fellow traders here.

Alex

Thanked by:

Dabears2322 
Chicago, Illinois

Been dabbling a little in my live account this week and just have trouble following my plan when the bullets are actually flying. Had a great tick divergence set up, took a little heat on it but held on. Had an original target of 2 points, ended up taking it off at +3 ticks to see it drop all the way to 5 points and counting! Have to learn to trust myself more with live trading.

Edit: looks like I sold the top of the day and missed the whole move. Trust the plan!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 24, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts