NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Daily TPO homework for DAX and NQ

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one shrekchenbin with 616 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two gisot with 19 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rdaytrader with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 iq200 with 5 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one michaelleemoore with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two MiniP with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 shrekchenbin with 0.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gisot with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 65,864 views
    2. thumb_up 275 thanks given
    3. group 43 followers
    1. forum 674 posts
    2. attach_file 658 attachments

Search this Thread

Daily TPO homework for DAX and NQ

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 274

1. The dollar index has been under pressure, for whatever reason, that it has been rejected in the pivot zone of 94.90.
The path of least resistance is to challenge the swing low at 94.40. In the meantime, we could expect the Euro and Pound to keep gain strength.

2. NQ has the clearest structure among the four US indices. It has just completed a wedge formation at the high concluding the bullish swing from 7450 level. This formation suggests a target of 7520 which coincides the prior break out level and weekly VPOC.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
22 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
13 thanks
Trading with Intuition
12 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
10 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

A perfect reaction according to the script in NQ.

shrekchenbin View Post
1. The dollar index has been under pressure, for whatever reason, that it has been rejected in the pivot zone of 94.90.
The path of least resistance is to challenge the swing low at 94.40. In the meantime, we could expect the Euro and Pound to keep gain strength.

2. NQ has the clearest structure among the four US indices. It has just completed a wedge formation at the high concluding the bullish swing from 7450 level. This formation suggests a target of 7520 which coincides the prior break out level and weekly VPOC.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-17 (9).png
Views:	116
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	255473  
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Weak low in ES at 2904.5.
The double bottom is too clean suggesting short term traders buying in the bounce.

A break would result in a flush below 2902, below which I would be much more comfortable buying with a strong held bid.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Really pissed today that I was watching Russell and looking for a buy while completely overlooking the buying opportunity in ES that I have identified in my previous note.

I am going to throw out the Russell from my watch list for now. A quirky and erratic instrument that I don't have any edge for. Look at how messy the price action was the past week. I would not be interested in trading it until Russell get out of the mess like this.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

1. Dollar is still heavy that if it stays below 94.50 for this session, then it might be poised to run more stops behind 94.00 level. Note that there are a cluster of swing points (stops behind them) concentrated around 94.00 level that the market maker might be interested in running them for liquidity.
The alternative scenario is that the market maker is only interested in filling their orders in the liquidity pool behind that swing point, and it is ready to lift market up.

Thanked by:
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

2. Shoes dropped that the tariff is decided. No more selling pressure, hence DAX says it is finally ready to rip to the high.
This pattern of buying after the worst news being announced is a repeating phenomenon in a bull market.

shrekchenbin View Post
1. Dollar is still heavy that if it stays below 94.50 for this session, then it might be poised to run more stops behind 94.00 level. Note that there are a cluster of swing points (stops behind them) concentrated around 94.00 level that the market maker might be interested in running them for liquidity.
The alternative scenario is that the market maker is only interested in filling their orders in the liquidity pool behind that swing point, and it is ready to lift market up.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

3. Just like the previous week, the Monday was a bullish day and the Tuesday has seen its daily high being formed rather early in the London session. In Pound, the formation at the high indeed looks heavy and the order flows are negative. Hence we should bear in mind the possibility of a deeper pullback to the 13150 area before the upside continuation.

shrekchenbin View Post

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

4. The low in Crude at 68.30 looks too weak to me. A flush below to 68.15 looks inevitable.

shrekchenbin View Post

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

The flush didn't materialize.
Instead it shots to the upside with momentum.

shrekchenbin View Post
4. The low in Crude at 68.30 looks too weak to me. A flush below to 68.15 looks inevitable.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

I was in the process of making transition in my trading mindset and methodology.
The focus of this week is to increase consistency. I have identified three areas to work on to improve consistency.
1. Instrument selection: Mike Bellafiore from SMB capital said: you are only as good as the stock you are trading. It is absolutely true. The key is to trade more in the instruments that embodies more consistent price actions and order flows. Usually the liquid instruments tend to be more consistent and move in an orderly fashion.
From this week on, I am moving away from FDAX, RTY and NQ for now. The reason is that they frequently have vicious stop runs from time to time and it is difficult for me scale up my position size as a result.
Now I have started to appreciate ES much more that even if your entry is wrong, you could scale at lower prices to get out at break even. Because 90% of the bars in ES are not in strong momentum.

To replace DAX and NQ, I have found the CL and HG are actually in the sweet spot of being volatile enough while the liquidities are deep enough most of the time that your stop loss orders would damage your account in any out sized way. Hence the conclusion is
a) to focus on 6E, 6B and HG for my London session;
b) focus on ES, YM and CL for the NY session;
c) the GC is covered in my periphery vision that GC could be interesting sometimes when it is in play.

2. Trade only from the trade locations that has edge:
One of the biggest lesson I have learned from the market profile analysis is to identify the weak levels that the short term traders are forcing the actions. More often than not, those short term visual references traded by the short term traders are not the real turning points. A good low/high is the one with adequate excess that the short term inventories are flushed/stopped out. In order to do so, you should consult actively to the longer term PnF charts with at least 1 to 2 week's price action in your view.

3. Always seek confirmation the order flow and/or NYSE TICK:
I have found that the NYSE TICK is so handy in foretelling an impending turning point. The strongest setups are one with both delta divergence (or ice burger order) and TICK divergence.

Due to the fact that I am dealing with a new set of instruments, my mind is struggling to the excess information, which means I would have to work on this continuously until it becomes routine.

Now the standard operation procedure for me is like this:
Every morning, when I sit down in front of the computer, I open up the dollar chart first. Then to the weekly Euro and Pound PnF charts. Subsequently Crude, Gold and Copper weekly PnF charts. When it doubt, move to monthly PnF charts.

Once the big picture is clearly ingrained my mind, i would by then move on to the tick charts and foot print charts which are used for execution. If the big picture is not clear to me, then there is no edge for me to execute.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 29, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts