NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Daytrading.Coach Review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one JonnyBoy with 64 posts (213 thanks)
    2. looks_two jeliner with 33 posts (60 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 17 posts (97 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 13 posts (95 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 7.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 5.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 3.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jeliner with 1.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 69,775 views
    2. thumb_up 653 thanks given
    3. group 566 followers
    1. forum 197 posts
    2. attach_file 74 attachments

Search this Thread

Daytrading.Coach Review

jeliner 
Spokane Washington

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradeStation
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, CL, YM, GC, NQ, Forex Majors
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 61

Anyone know how much DTC is charging these days for the privilege? According to their website they have a promotion - you can save $2000.00. I am like WOW! $2000.00 off!! makes me wonder the the actual price tag is.

When I first met jovan and join his marry band in Jan 2019, he told me and my group of members "we were the first batch" This was back when it was called Family Dynasty (something like that). Back then he kept saying that we are lucky we got on the ground floor because the cost of these supper exclusive, nothing like it out there, indicators were going to cost 15k one day.

So far we learned that the eagle and hawk are based off of some linear regression (already in ninja trader) that is smoothed - with probably a moving average, with the space between color coded based on which side the lr was with the moving average.... Well, I noticed something with the traveler and the smart money indicator (as jovan calls it) that does not do what Jovan claims it does. Jovan claims that the smart money indictor identifies were the big players are in the markets.

Because of this tread, I have started to take a closer look at order flow and have concluded that Jovan's claims on what the smart money indictor is doing is incorrect. Yesterday, I happened to notice that the dots of the traveler change color with at the same time as the dots of the smart money indicator - meaning its the same calculation that determines the color change. This makes me to believe that this indicator (traveler) is some kind of two-part lagging indicator (moving averages, linear regression ect), except with the second line removed and represented by color changes of the plot. I think they tried to hide this by using different colors for the traveler dots verses the "Smart money dots" I suspect the Smart money histogram has got to be the result of the distance between these two plots with a different coloring algorithm.

I am not saying any of this is a bad thing - nor am I going to expound on its usefulness in making a trading decision. What I am saying, is that this indicator is not volume based - nor does it have the ability to filter volume to identify who the large players are vs retail traders. This means, Jovan is misrepresenting his software - making claims that it is doing something that it isn't. If I would not be studying order flow as I am now - I wouldn't have noticed this.

I have also elicited input from NijaTrader on weather a "Smart Money" indicator like this is possible. As of the writing of this message input is still pending from NinjaTrader. You can find there atthis link-:> NinjaTrader Forum

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
use extra computer for optimisation
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,858

jeliner View Post
Anyone know how much DTC is charging these days for the privilege? According to their website they have a promotion - you can save $2000.00. I am like WOW! $2000.00 off!! makes me wonder the the actual price tag is.

When I first met jovan and join his marry band in Jan 2019, he told me and my group of members "we were the first batch" This was back when it was called Family Dynasty (something like that). Back then he kept saying that we are lucky we got on the ground floor because the cost of these supper exclusive, nothing like it out there, indicators were going to cost 15k one day.

So far we learned that the eagle and hawk are based off of some linear regression (already in ninja trader) that is smoothed - with probably a moving average, with the space between color coded based on which side the lr was with the moving average.... Well, I noticed something with the traveler and the smart money indicator (as jovan calls it) that does not do what Jovan claims it does. Jovan claims that the smart money indictor identifies were the big players are in the markets.

Because of this tread, I have started to take a closer look at order flow and have concluded that Jovan's claims on what the smart money indictor is doing is incorrect. Yesterday, I happened to notice that the dots of the traveler change color with at the same time as the dots of the smart money indicator - meaning its the same calculation that determines the color change. This makes me to believe that this indicator (traveler) is some kind of two-part lagging indicator (moving averages, linear regression ect), except with the second line removed and represented by color changes of the plot. I think they tried to hide this by using different colors for the traveler dots verses the "Smart money dots" I suspect the Smart money histogram has got to be the result of the distance between these two plots with a different coloring algorithm.

I am not saying any of this is a bad thing - nor am I going to expound on its usefulness in making a trading decision. What I am saying, is that this indicator is not volume based - nor does it have the ability to filter volume to identify who the large players are vs retail traders. This means, Jovan is misrepresenting his software - making claims that it is doing something that it isn't. If I would not be studying order flow as I am now - I wouldn't have noticed this.

I have also elicited input from NijaTrader on weather a "Smart Money" indicator like this is possible. As of the writing of this message input is still pending from NinjaTrader. You can find there atthis link-:> NinjaTrader Forum

The traveller is (or similar to) the hilo-activator U1.

https://www.lizardindicators.com/indicator-library-2/trailing-stop-loss/hilo-activator-u1/

The smart money histogram is (or similar to) RSqueeze or BB Squeeze.

Jovan did in fact refer to the latter indicator as the "Smart Money" or "Power Pro" indicator. I believe he tried to state the indicator showed the flow of money from "people that know the market". Whatever he meant by that I don't know. It is just a lagging indicator similar to a MACD but what use it has really is beyond me. It just sounds really fancy when you say ''smart money'', especially to the uninitiated.

EDIT: And to answer your first question, I know the cost got up to about $12,500. That was from earlier this year, so who knows towards the end it could have been a lot more.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
Thanked by:
 aprilfool 
Calgary

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 11

jeliner View Post

]

Bronze - CAD 11850 for 6months
Sliver - CAD 13850 for 8 months
Gold - CAD 14860 for 10 months
Platinum CAD 16450 for 12 months

Apparently, they are moving to subscription model from 2021.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

jeliner 
Spokane Washington

aprilfool View Post

Holy wow! 16k a year for a pair of moving averages and a linear regression line... so, if they dont fork over the cash the next year ... "poof" by by indicators ... I mean buy buy indicators.

Dont think for one single minute that they wont turn off the indicators - because they will. They have done it to me, just for making posts.

That just makes the scam even worse.

jeliner 
Spokane Washington

jeliner View Post

I have also elicited input from NijaTrader on weather a "Smart Money" indicator like this is possible. As of the writing of this message input is still pending from NinjaTrader. You can find there at this link-:> NinjaTrader Forum

So, Ninjatrader as confirmed (see link above) that it is presently not possible to identify the individuals responsible for moving price on a chart. Meaning, Jovan is selling an indicator saying that it does something that its not.

Buyer be ware

Thanked by:
lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 492
Thanks Received: 296

aprilfool View Post

You're better off putting that hard earned money for a long term investment in S&P or something, which can actually (somewhat) guarantee you a safe return.

Imo, the ONLY holy grail is a time machine - hands down. But has anyone invented yet?

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,526
Thanks Received: 26,292

aprilfool View Post

There is a lot of value in a thread like this, entirely apart from unmasking a dishonest vendor: an indicator or a system or a technique may work or it may not, but there will never be a case when it is worth the kind of money that unscrupulous vendors can get unwary traders to pay for them.

People have actually made money with nothing more than a simple, dumb moving average, and a little knowledge and practical experience with price movement. plus good loss control. No one will offer to sell you that, because (1) it's too simple to make anyone salivate, and (2) you can't sell experience to someone. They have to get it themselves.

Not that I recommend moving averages or any other particular thing. I imagine that many, perhaps most, possibly all of the Jovan indicators would work well in the right hands. After all, it has turned out in this thread that most/all are some variation of something basic and already widely available. I've seen a lot of things work fine that seemed very ordinary and close to useless, when in the hands of someone who understood their markets. I have also seen a lot of excellent things fail -- including order flow, or VWAP, or market/volume profile, or price action, or anything else, squiggly indicators included -- in the hands of traders who don't.

I have read some comments here where someone really wants to know how to duplicate the Jovan indicators, and many others that dismiss them as useless. I think both points of view are missing something. There is no set of indicators and no technique or method that is going to make you rich, nor even mildly successful, not even not a loser.... by themselves. Also -- who knows? -- someone may find some real value in one of those things with colors on them. But the fancy colors and squiggles are not going to do it... by themselves.

The moral is never spend much money on anything that is supposed to lead you to trading success. It won't.

Try things out, use things that work, get a feel and an understanding of markets, and don't ever pay much. Honest vendors don't generally ask for much.

Of course, you'll have to decide what "much" is. Just be aware that it's never the method or tool, by itself, that makes the difference, and be guided accordingly.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Day Trading Coach - Update

I have been chatting with Crime Stoppers today and after reviewing several pieces of documentation over the last couple of days they are urging people who believe they have been a possible victim of fraud from Day Trading Coach to contact their local law enforcement. I am assuming this in regards to any victims who potentially got caught up in the Coach Jovan promissory notes alleged fraud.

It really is imperative if you believe you have been a victim of fraud from Day Trading Coach to speak up and report. I have the name of the ASC investigator that I can also pass on if required to assist in the building of any case should they gather enough evidence to do so. The ASC do not give updates on ongoing investigations but in cases like these, every person that comes forward potentially helps them build up a case.

Anyway, here is who we are talking about - Coach Jovan is allegedly Fernando Honorate Fagundes. Although this is an archived blog, some of it was preserved from a point in time (I think this was around 2012). Have a look at some of the comments under "'Your 2 cents'' and ''List of Donations", they are quite interesting and eerily similar to what happened this time around with the alleged fraud.

And although there is nothing behind "The Ranch" tab he allegedly repeated the same setup this time around in Millarville, AB.

I have so much information and stories that have been sent to me from former students and ''workers'' at ''The Ranch'' it is really overwhelming. I have not released or discussed any of these and will not do so without prior permission.

A former student even gave me the contact list of all known members of DTC up until April, apparently Coach Jovan accidently emailed at one point without a BCC. This has also been passed on to investigators as it may assist with the investigation.

Some local news outlets in Calgary are also interested in running the story, but we'll see where that goes. More conversations to be had I think.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140601151856/shalomhenry.blogspot.com/

This post and all information provided herein was prepared or accomplished in my personal capacity. The opinions expressed or statements and allegations made should be considered my opinion subject to further investigation by the correct authorities.

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

So, I have remained radio silent on this topic (and for that matter on FIO) as the investigation unfolded.

It appears that daytrading.coach and familyfirstdynasty.com have been removed by GoDaddy - which is a great start.

There is so much more I can write but for now I have included a copy of the complaint against Day Trading Coach (and their lawyer in reference to the incorrect Cease and Desist that was meant for me, but went to another FIO user instead).

Some of the information referenced in the complaint I have not included, but you'll certainly get the core information. I couldn't upload the sound file project I did on Jovan's voice (FIO doesn't accept sound files) where he disguised his real voice on all of his videos to try and throw people off of the scent...I mean if that wasn't a red flag to begin with...but that was also included for analysis as part of the investigation.

TrustPilot has also started seeing negative reviews. IMO TrustPilot shouldn't be trusted at all (you can allegedly pay to remove negative reviews for example) but I am glad some people have commented negatively. Allegedly, Jovan would bully students into posting positive reviews on TrustPilot and berate them if they didn't.

https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/daytrading.coach

If anybody else has additional information, don't hesitate to reach out.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: Day Trading Coach Alleged Fraud_Mr. Ryan Franzen Complaint.pdf
Elite Membership required to download: Jovan Voice Changer.zip
Thanked by:
userque
Chicago IL

Thanks Given: 573
Thanks Received: 130

JonnyBoy View Post

... I couldn't upload the sound file project I did on Jovan's voice (FIO doesn't accept sound files) where he disguised his real voice on all of his videos to try and throw people off of the scent...I mean if that wasn't a red flag to begin with...but that was also included for analysis as part of the investigation. ...

FYI, you can google how to make a youtube video from an audio file. Then post that video (link) here.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 2, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts