NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Just turned "Pro" and could use a little help, or guidance

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Merkd1904 with 68 posts (78 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 8 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 matthew28 with 7 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 atrade with 5 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 6.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Merkd1904 with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 12,232 views
    2. thumb_up 207 thanks given
    3. group 15 followers
    1. forum 108 posts
    2. attach_file 316 attachments

Search this Thread

Just turned "Pro" and could use a little help, or guidance

Merkd1904
Atlanta, Georgia

Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 147

09/29, full session:

Sentiment:

Plan for the day: We'd gotten a bounce from the turkey shoot the 28th and we were starting to form a range to the tune of around 200 points in NQ and roughly 40 in ES. I was effectively looking for weakness to capitalize on for another leg down, as all my measured moves, fib extensions, voodoo magic all pointed to lower prices, but probably getting a little long in the tooth for this trend leg

Risk limits: $2500 Daily Loss Limit, half back rule for stopping out on a trailing max drawdown

Overnight in the combine account i had hit my daily stop out, so i was just down to the APEX accounts. And, for that matter as i compile the data. I scratched at break even for the APEX accounts as well.

I'm having to use the Rithmic report since for whatever reason NT can't pull the trades from that week.

And of course, since this is an edit i need to maneuver. See next post.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
use extra computer for optimisation
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

Merkd1904
Atlanta, Georgia

Well, i knew there was something i forgot. And fitting considering the fact i'm dead in the water - I started recording some of my trades. Mainly so i could go back and analyze them in 'real time'. Just like an athlete or any other performance artist would do. I uploaded them to youtube if anyone wants to check them out. They're pretty dry, with me figuring out how to get music into the first hour of one, but regardless they're there.

10/04 - 10/05 Globex Session

10/05 Globex Session

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,526
Thanks Received: 26,292

In case you don't see this image the way it looks to others:

The others are all posted in the thread OK.

I guess there's nothing wrong with doing it this way (I guess you have to click to view it on YouTube), and to be realistic, not many are going to play longish videos anyway (sorry! ). Just letting you know about it, FYI.

Bob.

-------------------

Edit: looks like it's fixed now. Never mind.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Merkd1904
Atlanta, Georgia

bobwest View Post
In case you don't see this image the way it looks to others:

The others are all posted in the thread OK.

I guess there's nothing wrong with doing it this way (I guess you have to click to view it on YouTube), and to be realistic, not many are going to play longish videos anyway (sorry! ). Just letting you know about it, FYI.

Bob.

-------------------

Edit: looks like it's fixed now. Never mind.

Thanks Bob. I went in and toggled a switch, glad it fixed it.

I'm not expecting them to be a hit. The Youtube thing is a hobby more than anything and the intention in recording them was more personal than anything else as it has helped me. I appreciate it though.

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,526
Thanks Received: 26,292

Merkd1904 View Post
Thanks Bob. I went in and toggled a switch, glad it fixed it.

I'm not expecting them to be a hit. The Youtube thing is a hobby more than anything and the intention in recording them was more personal than anything else as it has helped me. I appreciate it though.

Yes, all fixed.

A lot of people make these videos, and I believe it can be very helpful to the trader, so by all means go ahead.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Merkd1904
Atlanta, Georgia

09-29 Trade Reports:

Merkd1904
Atlanta, Georgia

09/30, full session:

Sentiment: Still expecting a leg down, but also waiting for the inevitable rip for your face rally

Plan for the day: Same as the day before. And with that, got chewed up in the overnight in the combine account yet again, so scratched that one for the session at my daily stop out. But, still had some gas in the tank with the APEX accounts, and gladly so as we printed multiple reversal patterns that i was able to capitalize on.

Risk Limits:
$2500 Topstep Daily Loss Limit, $2000 Daily Lost Limit Apex Accounts, Halfback rule for trailing drawdown. Profit target: Null

So as i said before thankfully i did have that little bit extra in the tank as i was able to net $10187.50 in one Apex account and $7780 in another to offset the Combine loss. Bringing me to a net PnL of $15095 for the day between all accounts.

For, well practice. I took the practice account out for a spin trying to work on putting on size again. If you want to see something morbid yet still somehow pleasing:

Talk about a whipsaw huh? Obviously still need some work. Apparently i didn't pull charts for either of these days and NinjaTrader appanrently has lost the data from before 10/04

Merkd1904
Atlanta, Georgia

10/01, full session:

Sentiment: Still looking for that last leg

Plan for the day: We had been printing a bear flag the entire night in the Globex session and I knew it was probably only a matter of time until we broke down for that last leg. This is also about the time that i started having really bad issues with Ninja and Rithmic. I originally hit two home runs in one of the Apex accounts early on as i let the Combine account simmer for a little since i'd had two stop outs overnight. But throught the night into the day the connection issues grew worse. Particularly with Ninja telling me one thing was open, and Rithmic telling me "NOPE' and it was just perpetual small losses. I frankly didn't fully understand what was going on and if it had been real money it would have been pretty bad. So, glad i'm getting that understanding here and now instead of down the road.

Risk Limits: Combine Account Daily Loss Limit, $2500, Apex Daily Loss Limit, $2k per. Halfback rule for trailing drawdown. Profit target: Null

But, this is also the day that i hit two, or even three of my largest trades on a per point/contract basis. I essentially entered with two out of three of the accounts once i saw us breaking down and essentially just fired and forgot the topstep position and then fought with NT and Rithmic on getting in and out of the APEX position. By cash open we had gotten a small counter trend/bounce, but by the time the Europeans were going for Siesta we had printed a local diamond top in NQ, which i took advantage of. But, if you ever needed proof of 'less is more', this day would be it.

In my combine account i took a total of 27 trades. Far less than my normal x00. Netting me $20709.00. But offsetting that with hitting my daily loss limit in both Apex accounts for a net loss of $4077.50 for a net gain of $16631.50 for the day.

This is also the time i discovered, thankfully, RTrader's Risk Management page. So it worked.

Unfortunately no fills for this day either.

Merkd1904
Atlanta, Georgia

10/04, Full Session:

Sentiment: At this point i was just going to let the wind take me where ever it took me and honestly both mentally and emotionally worn out. I had been marathon trading the volatility for going on at least 7-8 days now and it was starting to take its toll

Plan for the day: The counter trend we had off the lows Friday set the bulls up in a precarious position on Sunday going into the cash session. We opened a hop and a skip away from major resistance, and sure enough they went for it. Coming literally directly into my line almost to the tick. We essentially trended the entire night netting us at one point -200 points in NQ. And when we opened, we extended that to -470 at the lows. The plan was simple, get it while the gettin's good.

Risk limits: $2500 in the combine account, $2000 for the Apex accounts in terms of Daily Loss Limits. Half back rule in place for trailing max drawdown. Profit target: null.

The overnight netted me a couple hundred point contracts but overall i was just getting chewed by the rotations. It wasn't clean, but i was able to catch some size on the break at the beginning of the the cash session which made my bag for me for the day. I closed positive in all accounts and essentially stopped trading at around lunch time. Well, 2/3 at least. Netted $19890 in the combine account, and $8520 between both APEX accounts netting me $28410 on the day.

Sheesh.

Edit: i need a copy and paste break. So i'm going to have to finish up last week this evening. I still have a bunch of other stuff to get to before market open. It's nothing exciting anyways. I essentially take a drawdown the rest of the week and blow it on the Topstep account. To be continued.

Last Updated on October 10, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts