NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Trading Journal of a Top Futures Trader


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one TopKoreanTrader with 162 posts (15 thanks)
    2. looks_two jlabtrades with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 AllSeeker with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Darvish with 3 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jlabtrades with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two AllSeeker with 0.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Darvish with 0.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 TopKoreanTrader with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 34,755 views
    2. thumb_up 21 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 173 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
TopKoreanTrader
Seoul Korea
 
Posts: 162 since Sep 2024
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 15

Hello everyone.

Before I start, to anyone who is interested in trading futures but has not started yet, PLEASE JUST DON'T, I'm saving you a lot of trouble and a lot of miserable days.
From how I view it futures trading is worse than gambling addiction. At the casinos the player has a "REALLY HIGH" 49% winning probability! With futures 99% of people lose. Only 1% win, and probably less survive in the long term.
Also, once you realize that you can make $5000 in 5 minutes "IF" you make the right mouse clicks, your brain changes and it will become almost impossible for you to go back to normal life and be happy with a $100 paycheck for 9 hours of work.

----

About me: I'm 36 currently, I was lucky in my early 20s, had a good business, but I started trading futures and lost literally everything in the course of 5-6 years... business, house, car, girlfriend, friends, family, literally everything. And I even tried to kill myself a few times.

I had to quit but I just couldn't. My only options for quitting were:
1. Death
2. Temporary quitting when I had no more money to trade with.
It was just an infinite loop.

Then I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't be able to quit this addiction until the day I die. So for me, in order to live a normal life I had to find a way to coop with it. And that meant that I had to become good enough at it to at least not lose from trading.

And here I am, now I've been trading quite ok for about 2 years. Since September 2022 I have only lost 5 months out of 25. Never lost 2 months in a row. So after many years of suffering I'm finally doing ok.

----

For the journal I'm thinking about posting my entries/exits in real time here then do a recap everyday. Some days I do up to 20 trades so it may make the thread look a bit spammy, hopefully not too much.

About my trading:
- I only do futures, mostly NASDAQ, S&P, CrudeOil and Gold.
- I have two trading styles, sometimes I enter for a short day trade, sometimes I enter for a swing trade where I could hold the position for a few days, I will be mentioning everything in my posts.
- Even if I'm able to enter 4 Mini-Nasdaq contracts, I only enter 1(Never use 100% of your leverage, it really hurts your mentality). From how I view it, a trader with less than $50,000 should only trade with micro contracts. I rarely add positions when price goes the other way, but sometimes I do (MAX 1 time, same size of initial entry).
- For oil, gold, S&P I sometimes enter 2 contracts from the beginning.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
TopKoreanTrader
Seoul Korea
 
Posts: 162 since Sep 2024
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 15

LONG CLX24 71.00, TARGET 71.71


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
TopKoreanTrader
Seoul Korea
 
Posts: 162 since Sep 2024
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 15


LONG NQZ24 20139, STOP 20136.25, TARGET 20145.5


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
TopKoreanTrader
Seoul Korea
 
Posts: 162 since Sep 2024
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 15


TopKoreanTrader View Post
LONG NQZ24 20139, STOP 20136.25, TARGET 20145.5

Cancelling this one as it went up without giving me the chance to jump!


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
TopKoreanTrader
Seoul Korea
 
Posts: 162 since Sep 2024
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 15

LONG NQZ24 20151.75, TARGET 20158, STOP 20148


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
TopKoreanTrader
Seoul Korea
 
Posts: 162 since Sep 2024
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 15

STOP change to 20145


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)
TopKoreanTrader
Seoul Korea
 
Posts: 162 since Sep 2024
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 15

Nasdaq trade stopped with -$135 loss, oil trade still going currently +510


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)
TopKoreanTrader
Seoul Korea
 
Posts: 162 since Sep 2024
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 15

Have closed the crude oil trade at 7146, have to go to lunch. 355 $ profit for the morning


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)
 
AllSeeker's Avatar
 AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Posts: 1,535 since Jan 2019
Thanks Given: 5,617
Thanks Received: 5,322

Just out of curiosity, can you list significant changes that you went through to go from losing everything to not having a single double month loss in the last two years?

This is from psychology to strategy, just so I can understand what was the turning point.


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Be an observer, You are not your trading performance, Stop thinking so much, Eliminate/reduce social media activity, Accept the randomness" - Josh
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #10 (permalink)
TopKoreanTrader
Seoul Korea
 
Posts: 162 since Sep 2024
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 15



AllSeeker View Post
Just out of curiosity, can you list significant changes that you went through to go from losing everything to not having a single double month loss in the last two years?

This is from psychology to strategy, just so I can understand what was the turning point.

Hi Allseeker,

Yes definitely. I actually think I got better over the years even when I was losing all the time, just couldn't stop blowing up my account every once a while.

Then I switched to micros, stopped rage trading when I took a big loss and I finally stopped blowing up my account over and over. And that is about 2 years ago. So I think it's more of a mentality change + leverage control over greed, since I use the same time charts I used 4 years ago.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on October 3, 2024


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts