NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Daily TPO homework for DAX and NQ

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one shrekchenbin with 616 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two gisot with 19 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rdaytrader with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 iq200 with 5 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one michaelleemoore with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two shrekchenbin with 0.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 roadahead with 0.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gisot with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 65,973 views
    2. thumb_up 275 thanks given
    3. group 43 followers
    1. forum 674 posts
    2. attach_file 658 attachments

Search this Thread

Daily TPO homework for DAX and NQ

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 274

DAX had a deep pullback testing the POC of the prior day at 12324 flushing out the early buyers as a result.

So far the buyers are still committed to the upside potential in DAX, which is revealed by the cumulative delta.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Funded Trader platforms
32 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
23 thanks
Trading with Intuition
17 thanks
Self sabotage reframed
13 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

The prior day's low is run. The market maker's target is achieved.
I am bearing the assumption that the last down leg is the selling climax marking the session low.
Hence read the tape closely when it pulls back to retest the low to monitor the presence of strong held bid or aggressive buy orders.

shrekchenbin View Post
DAX had a deep pullback testing the POC of the prior day at 12324 flushing out the early buyers as a result.

So far the buyers are still committed to the upside potential in DAX, which is revealed by the cumulative delta.

roadahead 
Dubai UAE

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 54

@shrekchenbin, hi!

When you say "The prior day's low is run. The market maker's target is achieved." - why it should be their target?

And speaking of this divergence of price vs cumulative delta - could it be a sign of stronger limit orders hence "professionals" more interested in selling at the moment? Because sometimes I'm confused when I see such a divergence for long time, say half a day. Not sure how to properly read it.

Thanks!

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

A potential h pattern at the low -- a selling climax + a retest/stop-run of the initial low.
Plenty of stops are triggered below 80 level. Now the book is much lighter in terms of the concentration of
weak longs.

shrekchenbin View Post
The prior day's low is run. The market maker's target is achieved.
I am bearing the assumption that the last down leg is the selling climax marking the session low.
Hence read the tape closely when it pulls back to retest the low to monitor the presence of strong held bid or aggressive buy orders.

Thanked by:
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Roadahead,

Thanks for the reply.
The prior day's RTH high and low are significant visual references behind which are plenty of stops of weak hand traders hiding.
The market maker are fully aware of that fact, hence constantly run the prior day's high/low and other structural levels where there is a high concentration of stops.

If you don't believe this, just open up your DAX and 6E chart to mark out the days when the prior day's high or low were run and immediately reversed from there. Those are typical market maker activities when they are on the other side of the stop orders.

About the cumulative delta. There is no fixed rule on how to read it. The crucial part is to read it with a context in mind.
In today's DAX market, it is very clear that the impatient traders were bullish about the market while the market makers or other institute are selling in the limit. Hence you can see the cum delta as effort. If there is a lot of effort but no result then it says about the lack of strength on the market buyer side.
If the buying effort finally resulted in a big flush, then it is telling the limit sellers are given up. Well, today it is clearly not the case. The limit seller is way too determined for the marker buyers to crack. It could be due to the fact that the institutional traders are finally back from their summer holiday's.

roadahead View Post
@shrekchenbin, hi!

When you say "The prior day's low is run. The market maker's target is achieved." - why it should be their target?

And speaking of this divergence of price vs cumulative delta - could it be a sign of stronger limit orders hence "professionals" more interested in selling at the moment? Because sometimes I'm confused when I see such a divergence for long time, say half a day. Not sure how to properly read it.

Thanks!

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

1. From how DAX has traded this morning, the probability is very high that the major double bottom formation on the daily chart at 12100 is the next target.

2. ES is trading at the lower edge of the week long range. The risk and reward of taking a long scalpe from 2895 is quite good. But I just can't ignore the probability of this range being a distribution range. So far 2895 has held for the third time, but the strength of the support is gradually slipping away.In a bullish scenario I would like to see a deep stop run in the cash session below 2895 and quickly stand back above that level creating a selling climax on the chart. That is when it is OK to take long against that level. Otherwise, it would be a beginning of a sizeable long liquidation.

roadahead 
Dubai UAE

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 54

@shrekchenbin,

How do you work with cum delta bars? I mean every time I reload a window for some reason (you can't have too many of them otherwise Ninjatrader just freezes) it takes too long to calculate all bars. Do you recalculate it all the time or just keep the window constantly open with this instrument (this is what I do).

And could you please remind what program you use for VP and MP?

Thanks!

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Hi Roadahead,

I am using RanchoDinero as my TPO charting package.
The Cum delta indicator in RanchoDinero has no performance problem on my side. I have loaded this indicator on 24 windows without any problem.

Bin

roadahead View Post
@shrekchenbin,

How do you work with cum delta bars? I mean every time I reload a window for some reason (you can't have too many of them otherwise Ninjatrader just freezes) it takes too long to calculate all bars. Do you recalculate it all the time or just keep the window constantly open with this instrument (this is what I do).

And could you please remind what program you use for VP and MP?

Thanks!

Thanked by:
 shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

1. As we have hypothesized yesterday that DAX is very likely to break 12100 prior major swing low.
It has been broken in today's London session, but there is no follow through to the down side. Instead there was a bullish hour bar shooting up from 12080. This is saying to me that the probability of a total break down in DAX has decreased dramatically. Instead there is a significant chance that DAX is going to stage a major reverse from this level on. Of course, it can not pull off from here without some bullish developments in US equities. Hence the price action in today's NY session is really crucial to the prospect of DAX for the coming days or even weeks.

2. So far, ES refuses to break down. Even at such a high price level, there is still plenty of support behind the three successive lows. If ES would break back above 2900 level in this session, the formation would turn into a bull flag.

shrekchenbin View Post
1. From how DAX has traded this morning, the probability is very high that the major double bottom formation on the daily chart at 12100 is the next target.

2. ES is trading at the lower edge of the week long range. The risk and reward of taking a long scalpe from 2895 is quite good. But I just can't ignore the probability of this range being a distribution range. So far 2895 has held for the third time, but the strength of the support is gradually slipping away.In a bullish scenario I would like to see a deep stop run in the cash session below 2895 and quickly stand back above that level creating a selling climax on the chart. That is when it is OK to take long against that level. Otherwise, it would be a beginning of a sizeable long liquidation.

shrekchenbin 
UTRECHT/The Netherlands

Dalton gap fill in ES.
ES has tested the high of the profile on 24th of Aug to the tick @2877.50 and bounced from there.

It is likely to mark a short term low in ES. The low was confirmed by a TICK divergence.

Last Updated on March 29, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts