NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

APEX 300K+: The Journey

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mewddsltd with 167 posts (315 thanks)
    2. looks_two injpowwetrust with 163 posts (369 thanks)
    3. looks_3 DowDaddy with 17 posts (19 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OttoBlink with 11 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one injpowwetrust with 2.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mewddsltd with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 OttoBlink with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 DowDaddy with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 50,288 views
    2. thumb_up 858 thanks given
    3. group 940 followers
    1. forum 430 posts
    2. attach_file 364 attachments

Search this Thread

APEX 300K+: The Journey

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,221
Thanks Received: 414

No, only in phase 2 with 5 accounts. Doing another 5 through evals again, since I blew up 5 on day 1 of phase 2. I'm still undergoing the 4 month withdrawal process in phase 2. I'm equating funded as passing 4 month of withdrawals and being able to trade live. Phase 2 is still under sim.

Nasdaq1517 View Post
You are currently funded with APEX?

Stay safe, stay green friends!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

DowDaddy 
Las Vegas

Experience: Master
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: Dow Futures
Thanks Given: 748
Thanks Received: 391

injpowwetrust View Post
No, only in phase 2 with 5 accounts. Doing another 5 through evals again, since I blew up 5 on day 1 of phase 2. I'm still undergoing the 4 month withdrawal process in phase 2. I'm equating funded as passing 4 month of withdrawals and being able to trade live. Phase 2 is still under sim.

Oh still impressive journey man, I am phase 1 with 10 accounts right now also with 50k and 25k Evals.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
anuproy
Houston,Texas,USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

yehhh .. i passed all the EA accounts today ( in 2 days).. 5 of them... it was a journey !!! .. started with 5 micros came close to 50$ left but then again went back to -700$ .. then after 2 back n forth finally completed it...

now have to stick to micros to earn in phase II. Which is very very hard for me.. small numbers don't excite me.. so I usually put larger positions ..
Today though I did control myself not to put large positions sizxe except once where accidentally I took 5 minis because the trade copper setting had the ratio mode on.

I need to learn how to let go and take losses. I did read "best loser wins" book. i think that's helpful .. only if I practise it ... i need to find value and convince my mind when it tries to fly away in euphoria.

Now next 5 days I need to flip the switch to make the days count. then I get my EAs.

I will most probably open a similar thread about my failures/ success.

injpowwetrust View Post

Thanked by:
 injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

haha, thanks its been rocky. Hopefully yours will be much better, I've been following your journal as well. Good Luck! Looking forward to your posts!

Nasdaq1517 View Post
Oh still impressive journey man, I am phase 1 with 10 accounts right now also with 50k and 25k Evals.

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

Lol, we are very much in the same boat! That is so true, I don't take loss well. I can't execute it consistently. Hey congrats! Way to go, just need another 5 more days!

I also struggle with that, big numbers goes both ways. I took the L today on my trade, got in a trade too early.

Yup, just trade 1 contract. You can also just open and close it right away, this fulfils the criteria for the day. Phase 1 isn't as strict, just remember phase 2 have a lot more rules that must be met before you are allowed to withdraw.

Looking forward to reading your journal!

anuproy View Post
yehhh .. i passed all the EA accounts today ( in 2 days).. 5 of them... it was a journey !!! .. started with 5 micros came close to 50$ left but then again went back to -700$ .. then after 2 back n forth finally completed it...

now have to stick to micros to earn in phase II. Which is very very hard for me.. small numbers don't excite me.. so I usually put larger positions ..
Today though I did control myself not to put large positions sizxe except once where accidentally I took 5 minis because the trade copper setting had the ratio mode on.

I need to learn how to let go and take losses. I did read "best loser wins" book. i think that's helpful .. only if I practise it ... i need to find value and convince my mind when it tries to fly away in euphoria.

Now next 5 days I need to flip the switch to make the days count. then I get my EAs.

I will most probably open a similar thread about my failures/ success.

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

04.25.2023 - [Day 27/100] - PASS : [[Day 2][Day1]] - 4 accounts : -$500; 1 account reset : [Day 2/20] - PASS

Today was a L, took a trade too early. I jumped right not rechecking everything before I entered. The larger trend was short, but I got on a mini trend going long. I was in a bit early. For whatever reason, NT8 froze and caused my laptop to crash. This cause my S/L not to get triggered and one of my account to fly pass the S/L and it hit the drawdown. I've reached out to APEX, maybe they will reset, maybe they wont. Either way, I already opened an new eval account with the "SAVE90".

Overall, it sucks, but I'm happy with the way I stuck with the game plan. I just need to keep it up on taking my losers well.

1 : best time to entered, rejection off 200 ema. A little risk for a big reward.
2: this is the trade that I really should of went for, confirmation off price trending short and below: 200 ema, 60 ema, 21 ema.

What I could of done better was just realizing price was trending long above the 60 ema, I could of cut my losses sooner at around -$200.

I hope everyone was able to nab that phat drop! Good Luck!

Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

Platform: NinjaTrader8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 338

@injpowwetrust

this indicator does a good job of drawing supply / demand zones so you don't have to .. can show/hide active zones .. can show/hide broken zones

Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@injpowwetrust

this indicator does a good job of drawing supply / demand zones so you don't have to .. can show/hide active zones .. can show/hide broken zones

Thanked by:
anuproy
Houston,Texas,USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

guys, you can avoid many wrong trades with a cumulative delta graph .. check that one out. Divergence there is also very strong decision maker.

Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@injpowwetrust .. agree with @anuproy .. you need to have a way of trading with the larger traders ..

cumulative delta is certainly one of those ways ..

here are three indicators I have worked with ..

the On Balance Volume indicator looks at NET volume (buyers vs sellers) for each bar and adds to the previous OBV .. so OBV goes up when there are more buyers .. OBV goes down when there are more sellers
.. published in April, 2020 .. Vitali Apirine added an EMA ( fast smoothing line ) to the OBV indicator and called it OBVM ..
.. I added a second smoothing line ( slow smoothing line ) .. and compare the difference between them .. much like a MACD
.. then I added a signal line, background colors, and sound alerts

the Accumulation Distribution Line looks a where the close is in relationship to the range of the current bar and uses it to multiply the current bar volume ..
.. then I used the same logic used for my OBVM-CD indicator

TopGunNote (think he may be a member on this site @topgunNote ) on the NinjaTrader forum looked at the NET cumulative delta from the Order Flow Cumulative Delta indicator (above 0?? below 0??) .. this converts the standard OFCD indicator to a momentum indicator .. but a lifetime license is required .. internet search for irDeltaMomentum
.. my contributions are background colors and a moving average ..

no indicator is perfect but the ADL-CD has been good to me .. especially during the first 30 minutes of the market opening

23 04 26.fw

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 25, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts