NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NerradC with 219 posts (49 thanks)
    2. looks_two bmtrading9 with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 mastadee with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 justtrader with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matthew28 with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bmtrading9 with 0.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mastadee with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NerradC with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 32,817 views
    2. thumb_up 55 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 229 posts
    2. attach_file 646 attachments

View Poll Results: Thank you for coming in, your feedback is welcomed!
Too many attachments 0 0%
Too many attachments
0 0%
Too big file size 0 0%
Too big file size
0 0%
Journal of individual markets uploaded separately, instead of 7z 0 0%
Journal of individual markets uploaded separately, instead of 7z
0 0%
Need more explanation of Trade setup 3 100.00%
Need more explanation of Trade setup
3 100.00%
it is about right 0 0%
it is about right
0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

NerradC View Post
Barely survive last year. Need to buck up this year.....

Still not far off a 10% return on a $200K account. A lot of professional funds would be very pleased with a % return like that.
Also nice job on the wheat trades from post 9. Profits of ten and fifteen times risk if I have read your spreadsheet correctly.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
use extra computer for optimisation
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Thanks Given: 79
Thanks Received: 87

matthew28 View Post
Still not far off a 10% return on a $200K account. A lot of professional funds would be very pleased with a % return like that.
Also nice job on the wheat trades from post 9. Profits of ten and fifteen times risk if I have read your spreadsheet correctly.

Hi Matthew28
thank you for coming in. Yeah you are right, the grains recent run was kinda epic. I have 3 contracts on Wheat during the latest move. I scaled out 1/3 at ard 1k profit and manage to stay in the game and then finally exited the other 2 with very decent profit. As much as i know i will be quite beneficial in this kinda run, i cant be very certain how often this kinda run will occur. I am still new to this after all.

last year i caught similar good runs from Soybean (3k per contract) and Coffee (almost 6k per contract). and those after the anchor deals that supporting my profitability. Got to be more patient before the next one come while been working and crunching old stats and old records to improve my risk management, hopefully i can bleed lesser during non trendy period (within the h4 context) and make some good kills when trend is back.

cheers
Darren

Thanked by:
NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

upload the latest journal, particularly on Natgas and ZB, both exited. 7z file consist all decision making, whether or not trade taken all based on my check list/scoreboard filter.

i also attached individually the spreadsheet and individual pdf for Natgas and 30years.
Room for improvement will be again, how much i can take from MFE and how much i should risk. end of the month i probably will not hv enuough trade for good size sampling. i will keep it up and i think a good 2 years trades on swing timeframe with proper journal will shade some light and hopefully see a bigger picture.

currently have no position. sitting on my hand and waiting for the next setup.

To hunt or to be hunted... make the best out of all your strength

cheers
DarrenC

If you find this interesting, please cast your Vote for me and my journal, by giving a hearty thanks to the post below:

Thank you and Happy Trading.

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Every start of week i will be drawing MPOCs of prior week, prior session, last 50bars in h1 and last 50bars in h4. with those reference, together with my indicator ( 3lines as a box, above is bullish, below is bearish) i will try to foreshadow some game play.

Today i see ES flickering around major level 2422 area, a firm close below from h4 (4hr chart) will give me confirmation to short, then i will look for entry from h1 (1hr chart). Looking at it now likely a market order no further(lower) than 2421 once h4 close, or a pull back sell limit ard 2422 area also. Stop above prior session high+1point.

other than that, although i exited my 30years bond Short positions, i am still looking for short if 152 8/32 show good resistance in h4 context.

Cheers & Happy Trading, Happy Hunting
Darrenc

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Did Es Short last night as planned. Also, got in Coffee Long. Entry as per file attached, quick snapshot below:

both actually using limit order, which i believe is essential part of a strategy, for better entry = smaller stop = better RR.

Attached Thumbnails
NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-trading-journal-challenge-excel.pdf   NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-coffee.pdf   NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-emini-s-p.pdf  
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: FIO Trading Journal Challenge.7z
NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Markets that i trade:
WTI Crude
Corn
Euro Currency
Emini S&P
Gold
Copper
Coffee
Natgas
Nasdaq
Sugar
Soybean
US 30years
Wheat

some of those are correlated in a way and thats why i have them all together for diversification and also FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out a big trend).

Despite quite a list to trade, i have been taking care the risk:
approx 1% max per trade per market, if initial stop is lesser than intended risk, i will either upsize or add on along the way, which lead to the following point,
approx 2% max aggregate per market at all time, inclusive all add-on
*approx because some contract naturally require bigger risk overall, i.e. Coffee, 30years or even crude or gold some times
15% Maximum from Everything at all time ( so i can not have all 13 markets loaded with full 2% risk to avoid blackswan kinda event)

(Sorry i only mentioned untill now, it was actually in the pdf but i thought maybe not everyone download the whole 7z)

If you find this interesting, please cast your Vote for me and my journal, by giving a hearty thanks to the post below:

cheers
DarrenC

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Hi all
Tonight main focus on existing positions,
1. Short ES, 2. Long Coffee
Both i m looking for add on opportunity should the market continue to develop in a way i expect:

on top of that i am watching closely Crude and 30years for potential new entry
3. Short Crude near 44.20 area if that area show good resistance later today on 1h chart
4. 30years both direction is possible depend on market development, basically it has been consolidating so either it continue to go down, or there will be some sort of rebounce. i dont epxect it to stay sideways forever, so mayb this week maybe nx week. who knows, i can not predict, i can only react to what is happening base on my game plan

cheers
DarrenC

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Hi all
Sorry running a bit late today. went to see my physio for a suspected tennis elbow but i think i m fine it is just some old injury that inflicted by holding mouse for too long in front of my screen.

Summary from yesterday,
- exited coffee at loss (and i didnt find a good place to add on so save a penny from extra loser)
- still holding ES but looking at the chart now i have no fat hope this will turn back south. I didnt take advantage over the 10mins dip as thats not my usual style, unless the dip is so much that i have more than $800 per ES contract running p/l
then only i will consider going down to shorter timeframe and look for scale out
- enter long soybean, wanted to add on but the price action not supportive so i will wait for more information untill tonight re-open in US hour

cheers
DarrenC

Attached Thumbnails
NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-trading-journal-challenge-excel.pdf   NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-soybean.pdf   NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-emini-s-p.pdf   NerradC Journal Challenge - July 2017-coffee.pdf  
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: FIO Trading Journal Challenge.7z
NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Today i am looking at a potential add on from my existing soybean trade, and getting into a new position on Gold.

Soybean

Gold

Gold to me is at some kinda inflection point, either it continue running up, or it will hit h4 mpoc of last 50bars and fall back bear camp. watching out more information when vol start coming in

have fun trading. it is boring yet exciting thats why it is one of the hardest game.

cheers
DarrenC

NerradC
Perth AUSTRALIA

Didnt expect Natgas to drop and didnt expect i will jump over to NGU17 so soon. Usually i look at both average vol 5&20days as well as Open Interest before i roll over. but i do keep an eye once Open interest coming close to each other and this NGU17 has been a very decent looking setup so i have my trade done in NGU17 instead of NGQ17:

so this will be something i am interested to add on later if given opportunity. either a slow pull back or a sharp full back followed by some small consolidation below my h1 value area around 2995. Initla Stop above technical prior session high. pretty no brain but it serve me well as a initial stop, i will manage the stop from time to time and i only manage one way - to reduce, i never adjust to increase my initial risk for whatever reason ( look at my Sugar position early this month, market almost hit my stop for 3 times on hourly chart, just 1 tick my positions will be stopped, but after market move away, i didnt adjust lower my stop at all, not even a tick). never ever do that, it is a vicous cycle i believe.

cheers
DarrenC

Last Updated on December 3, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts